Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFone crashing to spring board

Default iFone crashing to spring board
    Hello all.

I have been trying to upgrade my phone to version 1.1.2 firmware from 1.1.1 everything went fine as per the upgrade process.
    There is a problem now my phone will not work as a phone, If i go to dialpad asnd type any number the phone will immediately crash to the spring board, Im only able to dial one number and it's like if i was pressing the home button, this also happens with SMS.

While other features work fine the most important ones don't :P

I tried downgrading the phone like 3 times now and everytime it does the same thing. Sadly i cant stick with 1.1.1 since anySim says it cant unlock my phone, do you guys know any other application than anysim for me to jailbreak my phone.

Remember if its not broken....DONT FIX IT (I learned this the hard way since my phone really didnt need a firmware upgrade -_-)

Thanks in advance

I am also noticing the crash that you have mentioned above. This happens to a majority of the native apps (SMS, iPhone, Safari, Weather, etc). It is intermittent and relaunching the app and/or a reboot sometimes solves it.

I'm hesitating over whether I should downgrade/upgrade again or just wait it out for the next firmware update.

As for your downgrading issue, you will need to run oneSIM to reverse the effects of anySIM before you can run it again. Good luck!

Thanks

Did you guys download and run iWorld after the update?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

Toasterrage (2007-12-05)

Hmmm Ill try this as soon as i get home, Ill love you if this solves the issue...ive been phoneless for a day and Im going nuts.

As in the iWorld, are you asking this because it is necesary(im guessing it is) or just to verify if by installing this would make it to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I did in mine and randomly my apps crash (even Ipod application)......

Nope. I'm not using a foreign SIM card so I didn't install it. Should I?

Installing iWorld in my iphone solved my issue +rep for you!! Now I am running 1.1.2 jailbreaked and fully operational!!!

THANKYOU AGAIN

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iHeartMyiPhone View Post
    Nope. I'm not using a foreign SIM card so I didn't install it. Should I?
    If you're anywhere but the States, its a good idea.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Its strange because i upgraded my iphone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 then to 1.12 and i never seemed to be having the problem (touch wood) that others seem to get. I am on Vodafone UK. I have not installed Iworld after my 1.1.2 upgrade, does this problem happen on some phones but not others?

Recently, my phone has been behaving so I will hold off on installing iWorld. I am located in the States.

It is possible that a recent update from SummerBoard fixed it.