Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Preparing iPhone for sale on eBay

Default Preparing iPhone for sale on eBay
    Ok... I've done lots of searches and all the info is confusing me, so I just want to get a straight answer to each of my questions. I have an 8 gig iPhone.

Model: iPhone 1,1
    Model Number: MA712LL/A
    First 5 of Serial: 7S741
    Modem Firmware: 04.04.05_G
    Bootloader Ver: 3.9_M3S2

I want to return the phone to the original OTB software and settings, but I've used Ziphone 3.0 to Jailbreak using the Jailbreak + Activate button. I have AT&T service.

Questions:

1) I heard if you use ZiPhone AND downgrade the bootloader, then you can no longer restore. Is this correct? I'm sure I DID NOT downgrade the bootloader because I didn't touch the "advanced options" in ZiPhone when I pressed the Jailbreak + Activate button, but how can I be sure that my BL wasn't downgraded?

2) I've read that to restore my phone, all I need to do is connect it to ITunes and hit restore... But... I also read that I need to put my phone into DFU mode with ZiPhone, then use restore. What's the difference? What does DFU stand for anyway?

3) Is there anything I need to watch out for? Is there a possibility of bricking my iPhone in this situation?

4) How can I permanently delete all the info in my iPhone so that it can NOT be brought back up again after it's been sold?

Thanks in advance for all the help!!
    Last edited by supercriz; 2008-06-16 at 03:14 AM.

How To: Fully Wipe Your iPhone - ModMyI - Wiki this will fully whipe your iphone then you need to restore in tunes. Im not sure about question number 1 but that wont matter any way because you have erased all the data on your iphone.

There is a chance of bricking you iphone but a restore will do the trick if you need any more help just pm me