Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking/Activating OOTB 1.1.2 iphone (US) (Windows)

Default [GUIDE] Jailbreaking/Activating OOTB 1.1.2 iphone (US) (Windows)
    I was having so much trouble following all the different methods found here to jailbreak/activate a OOTB 1.1.2 US iPhone so I decided to post my method so that it'll help those out there who are having problems.

++Tools/Software required++
    -firmware versions 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 (found in the downloads section)
    -ibrickr (latest version)
    -Carnaval (latest version)
    -jailbreak 1.1.2 software (provided at http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html)
    -WiFi
    -iTunes (latest version is fine)
    -ipod/iphone sync cable

1.Plug your iPhone to the sync cable and sync cable to your PC (and it should stay plugged into your PC for the duration of the process). If iTunes didn't automatically start then open it now. iTunes should have recognized your iPhone. If not, unplug, plug, or do what you need for your PC/iTunes to recognize your iPhone. You will need to put your iPhone to DFU/recovery mode (see below how to do this). In iTunes, downgrade to 1.1.1 using shift+restore method. When it is done you will get an error but just ignore it and hit OK.

2.Use ibrickr to boot iPhone into normal mode.

3.Visit http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com to jailbreak (see guides around here to see how to do this and make sure that you turn the Auto-Lock feature to Never). Safari should just crash and put you at the activate iPhone screen. You probably won't see any HUD process image and the such. go to step 4.

4.use Carnaval (formerly PACAY) to activate iPhone. You will have to kill the ITunes and iTunesHelper processes through the task manager. Carnaval will warn you about this. Skip the instructions on how to jailbreak which you already did at step 3. Start where the instructions ask, "Was everything done OK so far?". After that point everything is automated. Make sure to reboot your iPhone when it says to.

5.When step 4 is complete you should be jailbroken and activated on 1.1.1. Make sure your wifi is set up before you continue which it should be from step 3. Go to the Installer on the iPhone. You will have to update the installer. After updating add the community sources. If not, you will not be able to install OkToPrep. Be patient when updating and installing community sources, this will take a very long time. Once community sources has been installed look under the Tweaks (1.1.1) category and you can now install OkToPrep. I didn't have to install the BSD subsystem like everyone says. **I highly recommend uninstalling anysim from the uninstall section since running it may lead to bricking your iPhone.

6.You should now be ready to update to 1.1.2. Open iTunes and use the shift+update method to upgrade to 1.1.2 firmware. Do not put your iPhone in DFU mode because you will just be updating. Again, use the SHIFT+UPDATE method to upgrade and select the 1.1.2 firmware.

7.Now use the 1.1.2 jailbreak software (provided at http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html). Run the windows.bat file. Put a check mark in the "Install SSH" box, leave the Root password alone, and when you're ready hit the "JailBreak!" button. This will jailbreak and activate your iPhone for 1.1.2.

8.If every step was successful you should now have an activated and jailbroken 1.1.2 OOTB US iPhone. Now have fun with your iPhone and patiently wait for a method on how to unlock the OOTB 1.1.2 iPhone.

**Putting iPhone in DFU/recovery mode: With the iPhone already powered on press & hold the power/sleep and home button for about 10 seconds, your iPhone screen should have turned black and is no longer recognized by your PC. Once it is unrecognized only let go of the power/sleep button while still holding down the home button for a few more seconds until your PC recognizes it again it recovery mode. Once recognized in DFU mode by the PC let go of the home button.
    Last edited by jmeelo; 2007-12-03 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Updated for Noobs!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jmeelo For This Useful Post:

eirikdh (2007-12-03)

Thanks for the guide But could you put in when the iPhone should be connected to the computer and when it shouldn't? Plus the other noob stuff, like "hold home + sleep to get in to"...etc

Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to eirikdh For This Useful Post:

moumil13 (2007-12-18)

Updated for Noobs!

do u run ibrickr r what? im lost..

Quote Originally Posted by cbrluv View Post
    do u run ibrickr r what? im lost..
    Only at step 2 to reboot the phone because it'll be stuck at the recovery mode. It will have the itunes logo and sync cable screen on your iPhone and you won't be able to get out of it without using ibrickr to reboot the phone.

I finally got my iphone to jailbroken and activated on Fw1.1.1 now in the process of updating to 1.1.2 but the problem is when I connect my iphone to the computer it wont recognize it?
    It's not showing to my itunes not even charging from the dock? You said not to do DFU mode so what should I do?

did you kill the iTunes.exe and iTunesHelper.exe services from the task manager? If you did sometimes iTunes for windows acts weird after trying to restart iTunes after closing it brutely in such manner. I actually had your problem and had to restart my laptop. Try that and hope that it works.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jmeelo For This Useful Post:

Polgas (2007-12-04)

Thanks but no luck bro! it's my fourth time re-starting my computer and the iphone and it still won't recognize it!? Maybe I should just sleep it off and star over again later!? somebody might have the answer and would find a way to unlock 1.1.2 so i could use the phone!

if it still doesn't work try a different USB port. if that doesn't work uninstall the device and drivers from the device manager then restart. Hopefully the next time you plug in your iPhone it will reinstall the drivers then you you'll be back in business.

if the above 2 don't work then I would say take your iPhone to a different computer (if you access to another) and see if it will recognize it. That way you can eliminate the factor that it could be either your iPhone or your PC.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jmeelo For This Useful Post:

Polgas (2007-12-04)

Yeah it's me again! day3! I uninstall itunes, reboot countless times and un install the device and re started. Now it's plugg in to my loptop but it's still not showing my iphone to
    itunes!?? WTH!? Should I do DFU again and start over jailbreaking this iphone?should I go 1.1.2 first then downgrade to 1.1.1? anyone?

Hmmm.... really weird. did u try a different usb port because you didn't mention that.

Try putting your iPhone in DFU mode and see if it will recognize it in that mode. If you can i'd say try again.

ok I know what ur problem is: "It happened to me as well" lol

first make sure u do

SHIFT + UPDATE, not "Shift + Restore"

then after the update close itunes and make sure to close its process at ALT + CTR + DEL

then try running the bat file and it should be done

I'm a little new to this so instead of making a new thread I'll just post my question. So if I have a brand new iphone with firmware 1.1.2 OTB with w/e the newest bootloader is I can use this guide to downgrade the firmware to say 1.1.1. I guess my question is if you downgrade why can't you unlock the phone? Also does the new idemocracy not work with OTB 1.1.2 phones?