Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Replace comms board?

Default Replace comms board?
    Would getting the communications board replaced give me a new IMEI? I know it works if you've corrupted the baseband but I was wondering if it would fix the IMEI too. I've tried every upgrade/downgrade/activate/virginise/unlock thing I could find and I'm stuck with the 0049 IMEI. My WiFi/Bluetooth/iPd functions all work otherwise.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, so if anyone knows if this would work let me know, because I'm looking for a quick fix.

Thanks

Just virginize it doesn't need a new communications board.

I've virginised about 5 times, with no errors, and I'm still stuck on 0049, this is why I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by sjpm View Post
    I've virginised about 5 times, with no errors, and I'm still stuck on 0049, this is why I'm asking.
    have the same problem!! Help me

Thanks

Virginise without the SIM in the phone.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Are you sure? I've tried that with no success.

Any ideas what else I may have done wrong?

Hey I'm getting same problem, sorry I'm not a good tech guy. Alot of them say that i'm doomed, I cannot get any service with my Iphone it worked fine for about 3months then i did an accidental upgrade to 1.1.4 and all hell broke loose. Somtimes I can a signal but most times its just NO SERVICE. after browsing alot of posts, final conclusion is i got a hardware problem with my comms board.Is this true, is there no way to repair. I'm in Singapore so its alittle bit hard to send it back to Apple US. Please Help. Thanks