Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading/downgrading scenario and mixup...need help plzz

Default Upgrading/downgrading scenario and mixup...need help plzz
    Hey everyone, its my first post(i think) and im kinda in a pickle.....ive had my iphone since day one, no real probs wit it..i started modding and stuff back in the 1.0.2 days...had a bunch of crap then like an idiot went straigt to 1.1.2 .....and now the prob..i looked around all the threads bout how i could go back to older versions but i dont wanna go back to 1.0.2 bc alot of stuff is being made for 1.1.1 which i never updated to, just skipped right over..i tried the five step way from downgrading and jailbraking to 1.1.1 then oktoprepping to 1.1.2 and it always failed on the last step, my phone was never being recognized..i have latest java, i tried using idemocracy, always failed at last step no matter wut..phone was kinda getting screwed up so i just re-updated to 1.1.2 and am back to square one....now heres the main question..can i downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak and still have my contacts, i dont care bout the songs or pics or w/e i can get more..i just dont wanna lose my 50 someodd contacts...im worried bc i never actually updated my phone before to 1.1.1 just always had it on 1.0.2..so im a lil nervous..but a lil help bc im kinda angry using this blank phone again and want to mod again but not in 1.1.2 bc it seems to not work for me and 1.1.1 seems to be the better rout, just gotta make sure i can still have my contacts and have a jailbroken 1.1.1 ...........srry that was so long im just really aggravated and would like some good help, thnx

wow...i have completely screwed up my phone...i tried sending my contacts to adress book, cant find um..i downgraded to 1.1.1 and now i have no service or number, i really need some help asap bc i dont want a 500$ paperweight
    Last edited by xxblackoutxx; 2007-12-03 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does it need to be unlocked? Either way you are best off doing this: downgrade to 1.1.1 and then you need to downgrade the baseband. This will give your phone service again. Then you are good to go. As far as the contacts are concerned, if it won't sync with Address Book, then I don't know what to tell you. If this doesn't work, then try a dif PC. If this is for a mac, then I don't know what to tell ya as I'm on a PC

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

xxblackoutxx (2007-12-05)

hmmm interesting...thank you for being the only one actually trying to help...i know how to downgrade to 1.1.1, thats no prob, but downgrading the baseband also so i could just use 1.1.1? idk how to do that, id be perfectly fine using 1.1.1 instead of 1.1.2, and ill just go asking all my friends for their numbers if worst comes to worse lol..