Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!

Unhappy Help!!
    HELP!! I dropped my phone today and the touch screen is not working properly. When this used to happen with my Palm there was an app that you could reset the screen. Problem is I cant put in my password to ope the phone. I was going to reset the phone (v1.1.1) on iTunes but it will upgrade me to v1.1.2 and that's not good, right? What should I do??!!

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

You can download the 1.1.1 firmware file (check the Wiki under reference) and then when you Restore in iTunes, hold down Option (Shift if you're in Windows) as you press the button. iTunes will ask you which firmware you want to restore to, choose the 1.1.1 file you downloaded.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Sorry, I'm a real Newby!! Where can I download the firmware?? If I do restore it will the screen reset itself or have I damaged my new iPhone??

Is this the correct file to download??
    Is this the file I should use when iTunes asks me which file to restore??

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw

Just for general information - DO NOT DROP YOUR iPHONE. IT DOESN'T LIKE IT. THE SCREEN WILL STOP WORKING (OR AT LEAST PART OF IT - IN MY CASE THE BOTTOM 1/4) AND WILL NOT RESPOND TO TOUCH. I'm sure Apple must be getting a lot of returns for this. If it can be fixed I wonder if it is under warranty. If so it'll probably be February by the time I get it back with all the Phones that are going to be bought and dropped over the holidays. Oh well, I really enjoyed it for the short time it was working!!
    Last edited by TopDoc1; 2007-12-03 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well the sure fire firmware that has the tiff exploit for 1.1.1 is in the download section above u. Once you download the file it should be in a zip format. Just remove the .zip and have it .ipsw that what itunes will look for.

as for whether a restore will fix your screen problem.. boy i sure hope so... let us know mate..

If I helped you in anyway, show some love! hit the thanks button!