Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noob needs a little help!

Default Noob needs a little help!
    It's my first iphone and not a tech person so honestly I need some direction about jailbreaking or by passing the initial set up in itunes.?
    It's new out of the box and I checked it has Fw 04.02.13_g so is that v1.1.1?
    The problem is that after going to jailbreakme.com trying to install Appsnapp the iphone did not shutdown? even waited half an hr just to cover
    everything bad tried looking around if theres an easier way but I'm not so sure!? I check the wifi and i have connection other wise I wouldn't get to appsnapp so please anyone Please point me out to the right direction!

Thank you by the way for all that you guy's been doing to help people like us who have no clue and showing us a way to stick it to the man!
    your hard work hasn't gone unnoticed! Thank you again! keep up the good work!

hahaha, major n00b!! ur on 1.1.2 OTB, meaning YOU CANNOT UNLOCK THIS IPHONE YET!!!!! appsnapp wont install tiff exploit wont run with ur FW version! and even if u downgrade jailbreak and upgrade, ull be able to jailbreak ur FW version but CANNOT UNLOCK TO USE WITH ANYSIM YET!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tamz273 View Post
    hahaha, major n00b!! ur on 1.1.2 OTB, meaning YOU CANNOT UNLOCK THIS IPHONE YET!!!!! appsnapp wont install tiff exploit wont run with ur FW version! and even if u downgrade jailbreak and upgrade, ull be able to jailbreak ur FW version but CANNOT UNLOCK TO USE WITH ANYSIM YET!!!
    Wow. You sound pretty happy that he can't unlock. It's always funny when someone using random CAPS and punctuation calls someone else a n00b!
    Last edited by redcard; 2007-12-03 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks tamz273! not all are gifted tech and I already said that I don't know anything about downgrading that's why I'm asking for help!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Its cool, he must be tired (or frustrated).

Next time just look around the board a little and read a few threads (like the ones stickied at the top).

usually you can find the answers you want with about 5 minutes of work.

if ur on a windows system you can follow my steps.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19597

Thank you jmeelo! glad somebody's there answering questions!