Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modding First Time

Default Modding First Time
    Im sure this has been posted many times but Im having trouble gathering all the info I need.

Im in the process of downgrading to 1.1.1 right now
    I have a valid activated ATT Phone and I simply want to be able to use summerboard and other applications...
    I dont need to unlock it or anything unless I need to but how do I go about getting the apptap application i believe to go on my phone to use and download applications.

Do I need to jailbreak it? can I do it without unlocking it and a whole bunch of other stuff... Will doing this cause any features not to work like the visual voicemail or you tube...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by corydwiley View Post
    Im sure this has been posted many times but Im having trouble gathering all the info I need.

Im in the process of downgrading to 1.1.1 right now
    I have a valid activated ATT Phone and I simply want to be able to use summerboard and other applications...
    I dont need to unlock it or anything unless I need to but how do I go about getting the apptap application i believe to go on my phone to use and download applications.

Do I need to jailbreak it? can I do it without unlocking it and a whole bunch of other stuff... Will doing this cause any features not to work like the visual voicemail or you tube...Thanks
    Downgrade to 1.1.1, best to do right after a sync so you don't lose anything.

Goto jailbreakme.com- and run appsnapp
    Run the installer and run oktoprep
    Reboot boot after and then upgrade back to 1.1.2
    You will need ibricker to complete this boot after 1.1.2 upgrade - you will get error 1015
    then jailbreakme.com- again and voila

This is assuming you had a 1.1.2 phone - if so you will notice you have no service on the 1.1.1 downgrade - YOU MUST HAVE WIFI to complete this.

When done correctly all functions do work, VM, youtube, maps, etc...