Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! Please Iphone will not turn on

Default HELP!!! Please Iphone will not turn on
    Ok well my little brother bought an iphone from someone at school, didnt really ask too many questions because i told him that it was going to be a waste of his money. Anyhow, I unlocked it for him and the phone worked fine for about a month and last night we were on the way to play some ball and he used the car charger that he has for it. The charger is a belkin charger that has never given him any previous issues. We played for about an hour and he left the phone plugged in, in the car. When we left the phone was very warm to the touch, and it kept restarting for some reason. Got back to the house and he plugged it into his laptop to charge and the phone just wouldnt charge, we had it in for a couple of hours, and all of a sudden the phone just turned off. I figured that the battery was just dead so i let him use my ipod charger that i have, went to sleep and woke up still the phone is dead, wont turn on, cant get anything to display. Been reading up on this on the forums, and it seems that i just need to take it into the apple store. Before I do is there anything else i can try to get this sucker to turn back on, im not concerned with loosing stuff i just want the phone back on so he can stop bugging me.

Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Your device is fried. I had this happen to me back in October. I had plugged my iPhone into the charger/tuner I used for my iPod and it fried the battery. I had the same problems you had. Apple replaced it for me as I had just purchased it a few weeks prior.
    <--- I'm new so don't hit me just yet.