Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 - Too much info on net...

Default Upgrade 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 - Too much info on net...
    Hi guys - first the basics: I want to upgrade my 1.0.2 iPhone to version 1.1.1. A friend bought the iPhone for me, got it unlocked with version 1.1.1 - it was unlocked using the iPhoneSimFree method.

When he got the phone, he wanted to upgrade it to 1.1.2, before giving it to me. At that time, iWorld was not available, he took it back to 1.1.1 - but could not get iNdependance to kick it out (whatever that means) - so he took it down to 1.0.2.

Now I want to upgrade - my modem version is 04.02.13_G. My question now is, do I just shift+upgrade my phone in iTunes to 1.1.1 and then use the jailbreak method: jailbreak, and should the phone then be unlocked, activated and jailbroken.

I know I don't have to virginize my phone, as the iPhoneSimFree method was used. But I then came upon the following: iNdependance
    Do I also have to do this pre-upgrade routine, if so - why is it necessary? Now my friend said that I should use iBrikr as it runs on Windows - but I visited the iBrikr site - and says that you should NOT use it on 1.1.1 phones, as it ruins everything. So now what - what must I use?

Any help will be greatly appreciated - thanks guys!
    Last edited by ciden; 2007-12-01 at 04:03 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if you used ipsf you can go upto 1.1.1 unlock using jailbreakme.com and the add bsd and the oktoprep and the upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak, you can use www.hacktheiphone.com alots of screenshots just dont download any unlocking software. I read when you use ipsf software it will unlock phone even up to 1.1.2 you just need to activate if. hope it helps