Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 update

Default 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 update
    Guys,

Ive been reading though umpteen posts and all seems to be at bit confusing to say the least.

In order to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 from an unlocked via anysim1.1 and activated via the wifi exploit iphone. Running modem firmware 04.01.13_G and purchased before the beginning of November!

Do I just install oktoprep via installer and then dock with itunes and hit the update radio button to upgrade via Itunes to 1.1.2.

Been reading this guide :- http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185

However this step I do not understand:-

Jailbreak 1.1.2
    - So, right now you should have a nice 1.1.2 activate screen talking in tongues. As a rule of thumb, just open iTunes and let it detect the iPhone then close it.
    - Now run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 jailbreak and check option Install ssh, change password if needed and click Jailbreak
    - Might take like 5-10 mins, more coffee maybe?

I take it I just connect to itunes and then close Itunes?

As for the windows.bat what is this? Is this an option within the 1.1.2 jailbreak program which you download via installer?

Finally I take it as my phone is unlocked via the anysim1.1, will it will remain unlocked here and just needs jailbreaking?

Sorry if this been asked before but as you can see I have been a reading, I just want to clear up these doubts before proceeding.

Thanks

CC

Its quite easy actually.first off you want to make sure you have downloaded the 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 restores. 1.1.1 will be just for a backup cause I like to be safe. Most guides also call for a zip file that contains a file called windows.bat which is very handy. Well let's get started.

1.jailbreak 1.1.1
    2.install oktoprep
    3.sync phone with computer
    4.CTRL-SHIFT then click on upgrade and select the 1.1.2 restore file.
    5.when done upgrade there will be an error 5103. Its normally don't worry a bout it.
    6.At this point phone should look like it is in restore mode. You will have to open the windows.bat file ad click the option BOOT.
    7.after it boots you will have 1.1.2 so now you need to open the windows.bat file again and click the install ssh and then click jailbreak and it will do its things. Should restart twice and then you will have installer.app on your springboard
    Last edited by manwayvan; 2007-12-01 at 02:47 PM. Reason: cause I can!
    If your not First, Your Last!
    -Ricky Bobby

So its ok to proceed with the above on a jail broken, unlocked phone?

Yeah, I've the same issue with the new upgrade guide.
    I'm running an 1.1.1 unlocked with anysim 1.1

From here, do I simply need to install oktoprep and update to 1.1.2, jailbreak 1.1.2 then unlock 1.1.2 using the new 1.1.2u anysim?

My worry is that the baseband of a 1.1.1 pone unlocked with anysim 1.1. is damaged. From my knowledge (and expierence) another version of anysim ran following a previous version will not unlock the phone as the baseband is corrupted. Do 1.1.1 users unlocked with anysim 1.1 need to virginize their basebands before installing oktoprep and updating to 1.1.2 to allow the new anysim to work in 1.1.2 once they've jailbroken it?

On another note - are there any major advantages to being on 1.1.2? I've read a few small improvements on SMS handling and overall speed of the OS on the phone, but I'm hearing about a SMS application crash and phone app crashes along with phonebook/caller id matching not working well in 1.1.2.

As a kind of compromise I installed a SMS patch (under unlocking tools) from the installer source i.unlock.no which fixed my SMS issue in 1.1.1 whereby I was not receiving SMS messages from my carrier to alert me to new voicemail. Also, there is an international menu from i.unlock.no too which allows you to change the language/region of your iPhone and also to customize your keypad too. I've found this to be a good option in getting some of the benefits of 1.1.2 without having to risk the jump just yet.
    Last edited by bdogg; 2007-12-01 at 05:50 PM.

Did mine with no issues to be fair

followed the following guide

http://***************/