Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Accidentally upgraded v1.1.1 to 1.1.2? - Jailbreak + Activate + Unlock

Thanks

Post [GUIDE] Accidentally upgraded v1.1.1 to 1.1.2? - Jailbreak + Activate + Unlock
    This guide is for people who've accidentally updated their v1.1.1 phone to v1.1.2.

All those on v1.0.2 who've used anySIM v1.0.2 and have updated to v1.1.2 accidentally, are required to:
    1. Downgrade back to v1.0.2
    2. Then downgrade their modem firmware back to v3.14 and re-virginize the phone first.
    3. You can then update to v1.1.1 and follow this GUIDE to update to v1.1.2 Jailbreak + Activation + Unlock http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185

PLEASE READ EVERY STEP, ONE AFTER THE OTHER BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR PHONE

Before we begin, download the following:

Phase 1 :: Downgrade to 1.1.1
    1. Downgrade to 1.1.1 firmware. You need to put the iPhone into DFU mode. Connect your iPhone to iTunes. Press & Hold the Home button, and the Sleep/Wake button.
    2. As soon as the screen goes black, let go of the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button.
    3. Click the SHIFT + Restore button or on a Mac (your keyboard key) and point it towards the 1.1.1 firmware you downloaded. The restore should, go through and errors at the end with error 1015. However you will notice that the iPhone is in DFU mode with the connect to iTunes screen from 1.1.1.
    4. Run the windows.bat file from the 1.1.2 jailbreak software and select Boot from Recovery this will restart your phone and bring you to the v1.1.1 Activation screen.

Jailbreak by following the below method:
    1. On the Activation Screen, slide the Emergency Screen.
    2. Type *#307# and hit Call, the phone will start ringing and display 1 Calling.
    3. Delete all the numbers from the top right of the screen and Call the number 1.
    4. Press Answer, Hold and then Decline.
    5. Go to Contacts and create a contact. In the Url field type prefs://1f and save it. Then add another URL and type jailbreakme.com and save it.
    6. Click on the prefs://1f and you can select your WiFi network. Exit by pressing home and then Dial and Call the number 0 from the emergency screen.
    7. Select the second URL called jailbreakme.com of the contact you created and and follow the Install AppSnapp. Wait for it to finish and reboot the phone when its done.

Unlock using anySIM1.2.1u
    1. Run Installer and install BSD Subsystem
    2. Add modmyi.com/installer.xml to your Installer source.
    3. Install anySIM1.2.1u from the ModMyI.com category.
    4. Set your Auto-Lock to Never.
    5. Switch Off your phone and put the original AT&T SIM and swtich it back ON.
    6. Run anySIM
    7. After it shows the "Successfully unlocked message".
    8. Prepare your 1.1.1 device for the Update

(I). Launch Installer.app
    (II). Scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.1)
    (III). Select OktoPrep
    (IV). Click Install

Phase 2 :: Upgrade to 1.1.2

1. Connect your phone to iTunes.
    2. Do either Download & Install or press SHIFT + Update button and point it to the v1.1.2 firmware you downloaded manually.
    3. Jailbreak 1.1.2
      - So, right now you should have a nice 1.1.2 activate screen talking in tongues. As a rule of thumb, just open iTunes and let it detect the iPhone then close it.
      - Now run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 jailbreak and check option Install ssh, change password if needed and click Jailbreak
      - Might take like 5-10 mins, more coffee maybe?
      Carrier settings *optional* (For those who wanna sexy up that iphone )
      - Download Erica's Make it Mine via Installer.

Fix for crashing phone/sms *optional* (you won't need that step if it's not crashing)
      - Install iWorld via Installer (found under Tweaks 1.1.2) and select your Country.

Troubleshoot:
    - An unknown error occurred (1603)
    - An unknown error occurred (1)

For both the above cases uninstall > reboot and re-install iTunes v7.5

To know the Change Log of v1.1.2 go here
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-12-05 at 05:41 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

elr0y7 (2007-12-01), hozay09 (2007-12-04), porktart (2007-12-14), xtroverttwins (2007-12-12)

Finally got my 1.1.2 jailbroken! The first problems I was having when I first downgraded was that I couldn't get into DFU mode and update but I found a way through that (and posted it btw) then I couldn't install the symlink for the iDemocracy long method. Finally I decided to just update to 1.1.1 and use the .tiff exploit to jailbreak 1.1.1 but I couldn't update because my update file was faulty (I was actually using the iPod restore file instead of the iPhone one) and after I got around that I tried to use oktoprep to update to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it but I had to dl the latest java runtime to run the 1.1.2 jailbreak so I had to downgrade all over again. It took some time but I finally got past all the bugs and jailbroke my 1.1.2!
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

do you actually need to use the anysim program can't you just oktoprep the phone and update and use jailbreak?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sm92 View Post
    do you actually need to use the anysim program can't you just oktoprep the phone and update and use jailbreak?
    Yes, you can skip using anySIM, if you are either of the following:
    - an AT&T Customer
    - have previously unlocked using IPSF.

it's wierd...somehow the dictionary WeDict doesnt work...it just crashes..

any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    This guide is for people who've accidentally updated their v1.1.1 phone to v1.1.2.

All those on v1.0.2 who've used anySIM v1.0.2 and have updated to v1.1.2 accidentally, are required to:
    1. Downgrade back to v1.0.2
    2. Then downgrade their modem firmware back to v3.14 and re-virginize the phone first.
    3. You can then update to v1.1.1 and follow this GUIDE to update to v1.1.2 Jailbreak + Activation + Unlock http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185

PLEASE READ EVERY STEP, ONE AFTER THE OTHER BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR PHONE

Before we begin, download the following:

Phase 1 :: Downgrade to 1.1.1
    1. Downgrade to 1.1.1 firmware. You need to put the iPhone into DFU mode. Do this by pressing and holding the Home button, and the Sleep/Wake button.
    2. As soon as the screen goes black, let go of the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button. Connect the iPhone to iTunes and you will get this pop up. The iPhone will display this graphic.
    3. Click the SHIFT + Restore button or on a Mac (your keyboard key) and point it towards the 1.1.1 firmware you downloaded. The restore should, go through and errors at the end with error 1015. However you will notice that the iPhone is in DFU mode with the connect to iTunes screen from 1.1.1.
    4. Run the windows.bat file from the 1.1.2 jailbreak software and select Boot from Recovery this will restart your phone and bring you to the v1.1.1 Activation screen.

Jailbreak by following the below method:
    1. On the Activation Screen, slide the Emergency Screen.
    2. Type *#307# and hit Call, the phone will start ringing and display 1 Calling.
    3. Delete all the numbers from the top right of the screen and Call the number 1.
    4. Press Answer, Hold and then Decline.
    5. Go to Contacts and create a contact. In the Url field type prefs://1f and save it. Then add another URL and type jailbreakme.com and save it.
    6. Click on the prefs://1f and you can select your WiFi network. Exit by pressing home and then Dial and Call the number 0 from the emergency screen.
    7. Select the second URL called jailbreakme.com of the contact you created and and follow the Install AppSnapp. Wait for it to finish and reboot the phone when its done.

Unlock using anySIM1.2.1u
    1. Run Installer and install BSD Subsystem
    2. Add modmyi.com/installer.xml to your Installer source.
    3. Install anySIM1.2.1u from the ModMyI.com category.
    4. Set your Auto-Lock to Never.
    5. Switch Off your phone and put the original AT&T SIM and swtich it back ON.
    6. Run anySIM
    7. After it shows the "Successfully unlocked message".
    8. Prepare your 1.1.1 device for the Update

(I). Launch Installer.app
    (II). Scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.1)
    (III). Select OktoPrep
    (IV). Click Install

Phase 2 :: Upgrade to 1.1.2

1. Connect your phone to iTunes.
    2. Do either Download & Install or press SHIFT + Update button and point it to the v1.1.2 firmware you downloaded manually.
    3. Jailbreak 1.1.2
      - So, right now you should have a nice 1.1.2 activate screen talking in tongues. As a rule of thumb, just open iTunes and let it detect the iPhone then close it.
      - Now run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 jailbreak and check option Install ssh, change password if needed and click Jailbreak
      - Might take like 5-10 mins, more coffee maybe?
      Carrier settings *optional* (For those who wanna sexy up that iphone )
      - Download Erica's Carrier Hack via Installer

Fix for crashing phone/sms *optional* (you won't need that step if it's not crashing)
      - Install iWorld via Installer (found under Tweaks 1.1.2) and select your Country.

To know the Change Log of v1.1.2 go here

Dear brother ..

My i phone befor i did update is work finaly but i do it update to 1.1.2 i don't know the iTune tell me update then i update new it is back locked ...i try what you write in here but i try to do it *#307# and hit Call
    the iPhone stell ringing and nothing happend ....also sty locked
    this is the firware version ((04.02.13.G )) so what can i do to back my phone work
    3G iPhone 8G Unlock by yellowsn0w

Hi guys n girls...

I have a serious problem...i bot a phone and it was originally 1.0.2
    Now i cudnt jailbreak it cause jailbreakme only supports jailbreak for 1.1.1
    so i restored the phone to 1.1.1....and jailbroke it...but the problem is that my modem babseband is 4.02.13 no matter wht i do now...whther i restore it to 1.0.2 or to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, the BB remains 4.02.13....should i restore 1.1.1, jailbreak and use anysim 1.2? wud it work? please advice! thanks!

Does anyone have a solution for countries which are not on the list in Iworld? I reside in the Cayman Islands which is not on the list. I have jailbroken and activated my Iphone on 1.1.2 but I get kicked back to the spring board when attemtping to dial a number. Iworld is the solution but the Caymans is not on the list. Can anyone provide some guidance? Thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dre_tech View Post
    Does anyone have a solution for countries which are not on the list in Iworld? I reside in the Cayman Islands which is not on the list. I have jailbroken and activated my Iphone on 1.1.2 but I get kicked back to the spring board when attemtping to dial a number. Iworld is the solution but the Caymans is not on the list. Can anyone provide some guidance? Thank you.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15752

Read the part towards the end of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by mubeen_beeny View Post
    Hi guys n girls...

I have a serious problem...i bot a phone and it was originally 1.0.2
    Now i cudnt jailbreak it cause jailbreakme only supports jailbreak for 1.1.1
    so i restored the phone to 1.1.1....and jailbroke it...but the problem is that my modem babseband is 4.02.13 no matter wht i do now...whther i restore it to 1.0.2 or to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, the BB remains 4.02.13....should i restore 1.1.1, jailbreak and use anysim 1.2? wud it work? please advice! thanks!

4.02.13 is the bootloader of 1.1.2 fw .. u still can jailbreak a 1.1.1 fw phone with jailbreakme.com

if u haven't unlocked ur iphone before, what u can do now, is: restore your phone to 1.1.1 , use Window.bat or Ibrickr to boot your iphone, use Tiff exploit method to jailbreak, unlock with anysim 1.2.1u , install OkToPre , UPGRADE ( not restore ) to 1.1.2 , jailbreak again with ReVan's instruction...

Now u will have an unlocked and jailbroken iphone

I have upgraded to 1.1.2 and I am with ATT plan to stick with them. I just want to have a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone to mod my phone not unlocked. Can you suggest the best method to do so? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrpacijr View Post
    I have upgraded to 1.1.2 and I am with ATT plan to stick with them. I just want to have a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone to mod my phone not unlocked. Can you suggest the best method to do so? Thanks
    Ditto, same here....will these instructions work with a PC?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrpacijr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j48i View Post
    Ditto, same here....will these instructions work with a PC?
    You guys should skip using the anySIM part.

Stupid question maybe.. this works for windows correct?

Hi there guys -

Thanks for the details throughout the forums, you all rock.

I got a bit ahead of myself and installed updated 1.1.2 last night. though *sigh*

Since then I've been messing around trying (sobbing) to get it back to 1.1.1 and unlocked.

I've checked and it's now 04.02.13G bootloader.

Problem is now it is 1.1.1 and I followed the instructions above and a couple of things happen -

1. when installing anySIM 1.2.1u, i get an error installer.app 'Error - Main script execution failed!' (it is hence still locked)

2. when I try to update in itunes, it displays error 1602 -

Any suggestions?

^OK, managed to get through - I assume 1602 is the same as 1603

I have a few issues with 1.1.2, which I'll post exterior to this.

Thanks for the guide above!
    Last edited by fayse; 2007-12-06 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am stuck in recovery mode after upgrading to 1.1.1. This is after accidentally upgrading to 1.1.2, then downgrading to 1.0.2. Neither independence, or jailbreak.jar can get it out of that mode - any ideas?

Many thanks.

did you install BSD? i didnt do it the first time and i got the same error install it and it should run, thanks revan for guide
    Last edited by dachicken; 2007-12-08 at 02:00 AM.

Wow. It was a long process reading up, but I finally had success with this guide. Installer is installed and Im running 1.1.2. Word.

OMG! These instructions are not elaborate enough. I went through the process of downgrading my iphone back to 1.1.1 after previously accidently upgrading it to 1.1.2 and when i ran windows.bat and clicked boot from recovery it went ahead and did it's thing, bringing the activate screen up. So i slid the bar across and entered the numbers, punched in the keys and everything only to experience several problems. I mean it acted as if it didn't want to work for me
    I Went through the process over 12 times repeating the steps and when i finally get to the contacts screen... NOTHING! Absolutely nothing works for me. What am i doing wrong??? Somebody please help me?? Previously i've reinstalled 1.1.2 using itunes and i have service again with AT&T. I don't understand... do i need a wi-fi connection to do this???

Thanks

Yes, you will need a WiFi connection to do this, otherwise you cannot jailbreak using jailbreakme.com method.

Quote Originally Posted by gbpmi View Post
    I am stuck in recovery mode after upgrading to 1.1.1. This is after accidentally upgrading to 1.1.2, then downgrading to 1.0.2. Neither independence, or jailbreak.jar can get it out of that mode - any ideas?

Many thanks.
    My instructions clearly ask you to downgrade to v1.1.1 and not v1.0.2.

If you are stuck at the recovery screen I suggest your restore to v1.1.2 and downgrade to v1.1.1 and then use the jailbreak software to get out over recovery mode and to the Activation screen from where you do the jailbreakme method.

Quote Originally Posted by dachicken View Post
    did you install BSD? i didnt do it the first time and i got the same error install it and it should run, thanks revan for guide
    Yes, you've to install BSD first.
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-12-08 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast