Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No need to jailbreak after iPhone 2.0?

Default No need to jailbreak after iPhone 2.0?
    I wrote this article today, but I'm not really sure if i am getting my facts right. Check it out for me, so I can edit it, thanks

No Need To Jailbreak After iPhone 2.0? | Gabe Jacobs Blog

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

I was actually thinking the same thing and made a similar comment in another thread, but I believe you beat me to it.

Since apple will allow distribution through other means, a (free.. or hacked) app could be posted online or shared between friends. Apps that violate apple's terms of service (adult oriented or music copyright infringing...) could also be distributed online separately from the app store. I am not sure about apps that access the core system files (ie theming through summerboard, or customize), but I believe that apple has a way of locking core file access, so jailbreaking may still be necessary.

This is great news though. Add to that the fact that developers can release apps through apple's app store for free and the push notifications which will help save battery life and eliminate the need for apps to run in the background, and I think great things are coming!
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

on the contrary.. i believe the iphone would need to jailbreak in order for "sharing" to exist.
    on the other hand its possible that the devices will be simfree and stores lock them for contracts. for instance in many countries that jobs mentioned there are no contracts in telecomunications therefore it should be shipped simfree or given a hidden unlock feature.

its not at&t or o2 anymore.. its more than 70 countries there.. different version of iphone? wouldnt think so..

and thats the thing.. if we get to buy one from these countries then no contract no problem..

think about it
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Thanks

Other restrictions laid down by the SDK has already pushed jailbreaking forward. An example is theming. Apple don't want it happening but modders do. We modders will get what we want.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Other restrictions laid down by the SDK has already pushed jailbreaking forward. An example is theming. Apple don't want it happening but modders do. We modders will get what we want.
    Heck yeh me want sweet backrounds and neat icons. I HAte plain black, blah to boreing. Tell them dale, mod away... mod away
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!