Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 Jailbreak.jar not launching in Mac OSX (PPC 10.4.11)

Maybe your going to have to try another jailbreak method. Do you have acess to a windows pc ? iBricker or Democracy or iNdependence will work on a mac

Quote Originally Posted by w9cae View Post
    Maybe your going to have to try another jailbreak method. Do you have acess to a windows pc ? iBricker or Democracy or iNdependence will work on a mac
    Hi,

I don't have a PC to use unfortunately. Will Independence jailbreak 1.1.2? I thought it was only for 1.1.1?

Well give it a try what have you got to loose ? I know iNdependence wount work on Leopard. I wish I had a solution for ya.

Well give it a try what have you got to loose ? I know iNdependence wount work on Leopard. I wish I had a solution for ya.
    I give up. I've tried every which way and sideways except for downgrading all the way to 1.0.2 and up and I can't keep wasting time. I'll stick with 1.1.1 until the next major firmware update. If anyone might know why Oktoprep / Jailbreak.jar may not have worked in this case, it might be worth posting in case anyone else has the same problem.

Hi,

I need your help again! Downgraded firmware and baseband and got 1.1.1 all fresh and running (phone is originally a 1.0.2). Unlock etc fine as usual. Re-synced phone with iTunes and suddenly phone not working. Coming up with No Service. Ran OneSim and Anysim again and no change. Any idea what's happened?
    Last edited by spuggied; 2007-12-02 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi Spuggied. I had the same problem you did. I was able to solve it (kinda) using this method.
    So, what I did to be able to run jailbreak.jar was this:
    First, I followed the guide steps exactly like you did. Then after upgrading to 1.1.2 I changed to a different user account on my mac. Then I copied the jailbreak 1.1.2 folder into this user account, connected my iphone and ran jailbreak.jar. Like I said, this time it ran but I got a message saying that I did not installed oktoprep. I had to go downgrade to 1.1.1 and went through all the steps several times. I got tired of having all my apps and notes info wiped out every time I tried to upgrade (I tried 3 times). So I will rather stay on 1.1.1 and wait until there's another method for upgrading to 1.1.2. Give this method a chance and let me know if it worked for you.
    Good Luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiro View Post
    Hi Spuggied. I had the same problem you did. I was able to solve it (kinda) using this method.
    So, what I did to be able to run jailbreak.jar was this:
    First, I followed the guide steps exactly like you did. Then after upgrading to 1.1.2 I changed to a different user account on my mac. Then I copied the jailbreak 1.1.2 folder into this user account, connected my iphone and ran jailbreak.jar. Like I said, this time it ran but I got a message saying that I did not installed oktoprep. I had to go downgrade to 1.1.1 and went through all the steps several times. I got tired of having all my apps and notes info wiped out every time I tried to upgrade (I tried 3 times). So I will rather stay on 1.1.1 and wait until there's another method for upgrading to 1.1.2. Give this method a chance and let me know if it worked for you.
    Good Luck!!
    Hi,

Thanks for that. I had the same prob on the Oktoprep before but I'll try your method and see what happens. However, because I decided to give up and just restore back to 1.1.1, I am now stuck on another issue before I can try your tip. If you can help, here's the thread. I'd be most grateful:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19562

Alex

I'm having this same problem does anybody have a solution? :/

Yes! I finally did it! What I did was:
    Install oktoprep on 1.1.1. Then created a new user account on my computer, upgraded to 1.1.2 on this new account and use jailbreak.jar in this same account.
    It finally worked. Why? I have no idea but it did.

Default One stupid question
    Hi,

I am posting for the first time in this forum. I have the same problem "Jailbeak.jar" didn't open, and spent most of Saturday and Sunday this weekend, searched on the internet, but couldn't find the answer. Now I am using jailed 1.1.2 (oktopreped), and will try the "different account" method later.

Thank you somuch for the help!!

But I have one quick question.

How do you get back to 1.1.1, after you do the whole step until Jailbreak.jar? I am using ATT account though....

Thanks in advance!!

I just could have jailbroken with "Other account" method on my Powerbook G4.

Thank you so much!! You saved me!! I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Darth_Emijah; 2007-12-11 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by spuggied View Post
    Hi,

I thought that as well, but I def ran Oktoprep properly and it the install confirmation came up as standard in installer. Looking at other threads, it seems a lot of other people have had a similar problem. I can't find any solutions though. Any ideas? Am I better off downgrading (1.1.1 or 1.02?) and starting over?

All the best.
    This problem on 1.1.2 jailbreaking seems to be a bad file(1.1.2 jailbreak). I came from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and now 1.1.2 without a problem. Whew! it's kind of nerve wrecking but after the unlock (anySIM 1.2.1u) was succesful, it was a great feeling of relief! All i can suggest is re-download the jailbreak and try again as I am also using a PPC Powerbook with ITunes 7.5. Eveything went without problems. I also ran everyting form the desktop. Even the upgrades, I downloaded all the firmware , saved on my desktop and point my upgrade to it. Good luck and may you have success the 2nd time around.
    Later . . . .
    PP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12