Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak says iphone is not connected when it is... Please help...

Red face Jailbreak says iphone is not connected when it is... Please help...
    Hi there,

Newbie here. So I have a release week 45 1.1.2 oob iphone and downgraded to 1.1.1 jailbroke it and then oktoprep and updated back to 1.1.2

I then ran the windows bat but it says that my iphone is not connected which it is, I can then start itunes and it sees it...

I'm with att and so just want to activate and jailbreak.

I trawled the forums and found that some people had had this problem and ended up just using a mac instead, I don't have that option unfortunately and only have vista...

I tried putting the files in c same thing it also says the program has stopped responding which I have tried ignoring.

I have also tried stopping every itunes process one by one. I am running itunes 7.4.

So anyone have any ideas is it just that vista is being a poop is there any way to activate manually without the no touch, (though i'm not super good at this just a moderate user)

Is there a process I have not killed that I should kill?

Thank you in advance! This site rocks!

Alex

hi guys.
    so after trying lots of different things, I installed xp as a dual boot not the easiest way but it worked! As I type from newly hactivated iPhone!

Thanks to evyone on this site I have a rocking phone! My advice to others who have this problem is find an xp machine it will save you a headache!

Take it easy and thanks for an awesome site!

Alex