Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 64-bit Accessible with 1.1.2 Upgrade???

Default 64-bit Accessible with 1.1.2 Upgrade???
    i am interested it unlocking mine to the 1.1.2. my biggest gripe is that my iphone isn't recognized on a 1.0.2 firmware using the old itunes firmware (so it doesn't brick my iphone) because i'm using a 64 bit windows xp (i heard it only detects on a 32-bit).

if i upgrade to the 1.1.2 firmware and unlock it, i have two questions:

1. will i end up with a blank stock phone (as if i restored my iphone back to 1.0.2, like no contacts, no apps, etc)

2. will this be detectable on a 64-bit xp and can i then use the newest itunes without a chance of bricking my iphone.

Thanks for any help you can offer to me!

BTW, if this is possible, what would be the easiest and fastest way to unlock to the 1.1.2? i unlocked my own 1.0.2, but before this quick jailbreak method, i used the method that took about 1/2 hour. i may need some pointers if anyone can help!

i just want ot make sure this wont brick my iphone, and that i will be able to use it on my 64 bit pc running xp.

what version are u currently on? if ur on version 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 u should be able to upgrade to 1.1.2 without loosing any info... if your planning on staying on a LOCKED phone u can install oktoprep from install before u **UPDATE** your phone to 1.1.2 and then use Jailbreak 1.1.2 to jailbreak ur phone and activate it... this will keep all ur contacts and other info on ur phone but it wont be unlocked...

if u want to have an unlocked 1.1.2 u will hvae to downgrade to 1.1.1 which WILL leave u with a new iPhone (you loose ur data and ur back to new)

any help?

oh shoot. okay, yea i'm running an unlocked 1.0.2 w/ tmo, and was hoping to not have to hassle with restoring it all over again with an unlocked 1.1.2. well that answered my question. thank you very much. i may build up the patience to restore all of my data and apps, if i do, that leads to my next question.

will the unlocked 1.1.2 firmware work with the latest version of itunes and work on a 64 bit pc? i know that i can't use my 1.0.2 iphone on an old itunes because i'm using a 64 and not a 32 bit.
    Last edited by iphonerox; 2007-11-30 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost