Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I unistall ssh from jailbreak 1.1.2

Default How do I unistall ssh from jailbreak 1.1.2
    I would like to uninstall the ssh that was installed with the 1.1.2 jailbreak software. I would like to do this so that I can install/uninstall open ssh from the installer app. How do I go about performing an uninstall of the ssh that was installed with the jailbreak? Thanks for the help

Thanks

If you use UIctl to view the running daemons, what's the SSH you're using called? The only two important things would be to remove the daemon itself and its .plist file which invokes it.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

iSlave (2007-11-29)

Im not sure what ssh it is. It was installed with the 1.1.2 jailbreak. Where would I find the files that I would have to remove?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSlave View Post
    Im not sure what ssh it is. It was installed with the 1.1.2 jailbreak. Where would I find the files that I would have to remove?
    You need to get the name first. I updated to 1.1.2 but SSH wasn't installed on my, only Installer.app, so I can't assist in that respect. Install UIctl, and you'll see an SSH daemon in the list somewhere (if its actually installed).
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    You need to get the name first. I updated to 1.1.2 but SSH wasn't installed on my, only Installer.app, so I can't assist in that respect. Install UIctl, and you'll see an SSH daemon in the list somewhere (if its actually installed).

I think, he means the SSH switch to turn ON or OFF OpenSSH ...

No that isnt what I was trying to do. I think I have it figured out. i just deleted the ssh folder in applications. It seemed to do the trick and now I can re install it with installer. Are there anymore files i would have to erase.