Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help requested - ailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone won't boot

Default Help requested - ailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone won't boot
    I am hoping the community can help. THis is on a iPhone that was 1.1.1 Jailbroken, then upgraded to 1.1.2 (and Jailbroken) but NOT Unlocked. I have been running this way stable for a couple of weeks.

Last evening I had my phone in Airplane mode (while on a plane )and the phone switched back to normal mode when I hit the wrong key. I switched over to a third party app which lets you individually control WiFi, Cell, EDGE, and other controls (SSH, etc) (Sorry - can't remember the name of the app now) to turn off the cell. At that point it started doing the little "waiting" circle and was stuck for a long time.

I hard-booted the phone by pressing the two buttons. When it rebooted after the Apple logo came up the circle came up and went on and one for quite some time. Interestingly as the circle progressed through loops each segment would increasingly get "whiter". It would them just sit for quite a while and then reboot itself, starting the process over again - but never successfully boot.

One other interestingly thing - on occasion when it tries to boot it seems it is trying to load some app - I have the launcher app that places the little sunburst in the lower right of the screen and I see that, although it does not respond in any way.

I am away from home and without my iTunes or Sync cable, but when I hold the two buttons and continue to hold them I never get to the boot screen which indicates to connect the iPhone to iTunes......

Any suggestions of how to get this back to a funcitoning mode where I can reload?

Help is greatly appreciated.....

bump
    I had this same problem with my phone also. I was running 1.1.1. The diffrence in my case it that I was not in airplane or turning off cell functions. In fact I don't know exactly what caused the problem. I was not patient enough to search the forums to find a solution so I upgraded 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and then jailbroke 1.1.2. I had already installed oktoprep previously, just never got around to updating. This fixed it for one day, then it did it again. This prompted me to restore to 1.1.1 and then jailbreak after upgrading to 1.1.2 again. In addition to the problems reef150 was having I would get black and white lines on the screen sometimes. also every once and awhile it would boot to springboard screen but it would be unresponsive after a few seconds.

Once on reboot I saw those black and white lines again, for a few seconds I suspect Dock (sunburst) app contributing to this problem so I uninstalled it. It may have nothing to do with it but it seems to be the only app running at the time.(im probably just being silly)

I Hope someone has encountered this before. If it happens to me again it would be great to have a solution.
    Thanx
    I can't wait until the day after yesterday's tomorrow.

Crisis adverted.... turns out I was able to get the phone back to the "Connect to iTunes' mode - perhaps I was not holding the buttons long enough or something....

Now that I'm back from my trip I went to restore to code load to 1.1.1 so I could re-Jailbreak it.... that's when I realized / discovered that this does not also restore the modem firmware....

Thanks to the instructions here, and a couple of hours later, I'm not all back in good shape with my 1.1.2 Jailbroken (but not unlocked - I'm "happy" on AT&T)

http://www.iphoneunlockaustralia.com...free-solu.html