Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dead Iphone

Angry Dead Iphone
    Somebody PLEASE help. I was getting nothing but white and green screen. now i get nothing but black screen. phone charges, gets hot, connects to itunes, but only in recovery mode.

i tried restoring 1.0.2,1.1.1,1.1.2..hoping one will bring it to life, thats what messed it up
    now phone wont turn on.i tried different versions of itunes also on xp and vista.

i read posts, did all icould, i just cant figure out how to make it work anymore. i mean it gets discovered by windows and itunes.
    SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!! i would greatly appreciate it.thank you.

Maybe this pictorial tutorial will help you:-
    http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?t=204935

unfortunately it didnt. phone wont turn on. so i cant see anything on the screen. any other clues anyone? please? thanks.

any1 i have the same problem

Did u use the iBrickr to boot it up?After the that you should use the itune to restore 1.0.2 firmware version. at the end of the restore. The itunes said the restore it fail with 1013. then use the ibrickr to boot iphone up. From there do the downgrade to the 1.1.1 then jailbrake, activate, unlock.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

this happened to my friend... screen would show nothing, itunes would recognize it...however, a restore to the current firmware (1.1.2) in DFU mode fixed the problem...sorry i couldnt be more help
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    this happened to my friend... screen would show nothing, itunes would recognize it...however, a restore to the current firmware (1.1.2) in DFU mode fixed the problem...sorry i couldnt be more help
    was his phone plugged into the computer through the cable jack or the desktop charger??did he keep getting errors 9 and 6...your phone could not be restored??