Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I even update frrom 1.0.2 if I want to Jailbreak etc.????

Default Should I even update frrom 1.0.2 if I want to Jailbreak etc.????
    I have my i-phone and I have not done anything to it yet. I was planing on doing some customizing tonight and adding some new software to play with.

My question is this, I have my i-phone at 1.0.2 right now, I have been asked a ton of times by i-tunes to update and I never do it. Should I update it before I start my customizing or should I leave it at 1.0.2? And if I should update, which software should I update to??

I really appreciate all the advice in advance. Any other info you think would be valuable please share.

Thanks

ars0n

If you update via iTunes you will lock the phone (unless you are using a standard AT&T phone).

I would stay at 1.0.2 and just jailbreak to be able to mod.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Update!! 1.1.1 Mods Are Better!

thank you very much for the quick response. I love it i am actually typing this from my iphone's safari browser eating shabu shabu, so sweet.

So i should upgrade to 1.1.1 and the jailbreak. Does anyone have a tutorial thay know works that will update me to 1.1.1 and perferably have the link to all the files i will need. I cant wait to do this. Anyone have any suggestions on good themes i should try?

Thanks so much

Ars0n