Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Am i right about this?

Default Am i right about this?
    I'm about to upgrade to 1.1.2. i have an unlocked 1.1.1. I think i know all the steps and i would just like it if someone could tell me yes or no before i do it.

1. install OneSim to undo AnySim 1.1
    2. Restore to 1.1.1
    3. Restore to 1.1.2
    4. Restore back to 1.1.1
    5. use jailbreak1.1.2 to Boot from Recovery and Keep it running in the background until i have jailbroken and installed OktoPrep

6. jailbreak and activate using jailbreakme.com
    8. using installer, install anySIM1.2.1u and run
    9. using installer, install OktoPrep
    10. UPGRADE to 1.1.2
    11. use jailbreak1.1.2 to jailbreak 1.1.2

im following http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185 as my guide but im not sure that i should use OneSim and restore before i do anything and i see that anySIM1.2.1u is in installer and im guessing that i dont need to use WinSCP to install it. Am i right? anything i need to change. Thanks for any help

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

I would wait until we hear from the DevTeam/EliteTeam. They brought us here; so far so good. The others maybe good or not. The AnySim1.2u is not approved by them, and may cause problems later. There's no rush to upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by madrich View Post
    I would wait until we hear from the DevTeam/EliteTeam. They brought us here; so far so good. The others maybe good or not. The AnySim1.2u is not approved by them, and may cause problems later. There's no rush to upgrade?
    thats true and i was happy with unlock 1.1.1. but me wanting to play got the better of me. im already on unlocked 1.1.2 using my steps but just skipped steps 1 and 2. when the DevTeam gets a working anysim for 1.1.2 ill just restore back to stock 1.1.2 and re-unlock. but ur right i should have stayed with 1.1.1. o well ill be testing my phone now and see how it goes

Thanks

AnySim1.2.1u has worked fine the 3 times i have restored my phone

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    AnySim1.2.1u has worked fine the 3 times i have restored my phone
    yeah i unlocked my iphone no problem using the guide. Just dont know if there will be bugs bc of it. Im happy right now with 1.1.2. txting works fine and that what i do 95% of the time on my phone

Thanks

Nah, it seems fine, even though it isn't 'officially' approved