Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will not stay in DFU mode

Default Will not stay in DFU mode
    My phone will not stay in DFU mode when attempting to restore. Here is a log of my phone's activity during this process, gathered from winpwn.

6/6/2008 8:26:55 PM - iPhone connected (DFU)
    6/6/2008 8:27:50 PM - iPhone disconnected (DFU)
    6/6/2008 8:27:52 PM - iPhone entered recovery mode
    6/6/2008 8:27:59 PM - iPhone left recovery mode
    6/6/2008 8:31:02 PM - iPhone disconnected
    6/6/2008 8:31:06 PM - iPhone entered recovery mode

The phone disconnects and reconnects itself during the "Preparing Phone for Software Update" stage, and reboots in recovery mode. Please help. Thank you.

I'm having the same issue. Any solution?

problem is with the phone, as i went thru the same thing yesterday. i spent hours trying to restore my iphone but it would always disconn. at the preparing iphone for restore. i did everything from diff. firmwares, to different computers, and different versions of itunes.

so i took the ultimate step and took it to apple, the dumbass concierge tried to prove to me that if he hooked it up to a mac on display it would restore without a problem. well i was a bit surprised to see that the phone wasnt disconnecting and actually took the firmware, BUT --something was still wrong, phone took forever to boot and then when it did, it was all jacked up, if you pressed contacts it would launch safari, and so on. i laughed at him and said see just because you think it was"going to work" is didnt. so i went on standby for 2 mins and then the genius bar gave me a choice, replace the unit or try restoring it.......oh you bet i said REPLACE IT.

im not sure if this also might be ur guys case, but its something to keep in mind, if the phone wont take the restore and keeps diss. and hanging, it might be an internal problem that ever the "genius" at apple cant fix. hope u got warranty, lol
    (btw this makes it my 5th iphone i have had to replace, no joke, dont have warranty, GET IT if you can)

1st-phone would loop at boot
    2nd-half the digitizer went out
    3rd-wireless had a short and caused phone to reboot when on wifi
    4th-all of digitizer went out
    5th-iphone crashed and would not restore

what willsix be, idk, and i hope i never see it =]

Lightbulb try this
    From the experience iŽve got with this problem, i can say that it is a
    compatibility problem between the itunes version and the ipod firmware version.
    that may explain why a lot of people are not being able to
    STAY IN DFU mode and iTunes keeps
    kicking them out.

you must upgrade ur ipod firmware into 2.2.1;

if your device has 1.x.x firmware you must upgrade into 2.0 first.

once you have the 2.0 firmware you can upgrade into 2.2.1(5H11 worked for me)

google the 2.2.1 ipsw files (and 2.0 only if your device still has the 1.x.x) and download them

put ipod in restore mode and restore into 2.2.1

you may have to try with different 2.2.1 legit firmwares first

youŽll be able to stay in DFU mode if you have iTunes 8,

if u want to pwn your ipod just use quickpwn and select the bundle youŽve just restored with!

Hope it works