Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problems bypassing the activation

Default problems bypassing the activation
    I have an iPhone on O2 - code 04.02.13_G. I don't require a SIM unlock as I want to use O2, but I need to bypass the activation screen. I ran with the jailbreak route which initially didn't work so I restored the iPhone, which initially didn't work either. I had to use iBrickr to restore the device - phew!!

Anyway, I've run with jailbreak again and had slightly more success. I get as far as running the AppSnapp which now seems to return me to the emergency unlock slider (as expected), but according to the instructions I have followed, it says once I slide the unlock for emergency slider the device should crash, reboot and then I should be able to get in. This isn't the case, and if I run the slider it just takes me to the emergency call screen. These are the instructions I've followed:

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...windows_2.html

I've had a hunt around a few of the iPhone forums online and can't seem to find anything relating to what I'm going through. Could someone please give me some ideas of what I should do now?

Great forum by the way!!

Ya, I answer without reading your post fully. Sorry mate I don't know how to help with this one...

I'm having the same problem. I'm at the same stage, just need to get the installer to load to my iphone. Is there another to install this needed app? Or is it a case of keep trying? I manage to get to the jailbreakme site all the time on my phone, but when I click install it just returns to the emergancy slide screen. Left the phone alone at this stage for 7hrs hoping it might install, but it don't. Can someone please help.....want to play with my iphone!!! Regards. Paul

Sounds like you have my ilness mate. The jailbreak app seems to run fine, crashes Safari (as expected) and drops you back to the lock screen (again as expected). But from there it seems I'm stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by macmonkey View Post
    Sounds like you have my ilness mate. The jailbreak app seems to run fine, crashes Safari (as expected) and drops you back to the lock screen (again as expected). But from there it seems I'm stuck.
    Yes mate, it's a pain. I've read to keep trying until you see a loading hub, but tried so many times now. Got to be the hardest part of jailbreaking I'd guess. How does everyone else manage to do this part first time without fuss?? Wish there was another way to get this installer app. It'll be plain sailing then! Anyone help us please???

Thanks

Sorry, can't get to the link you provided, but are you trying to jailbreak 1.1.1 or 1.1.2? Appsnap won't work with 1.1.2, you have to use jailbreak.jar

Can you give some more info?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks for jumping on the thread Eurisko. All I know freom checking in the 'versions' tab is that it's 04.02.13_G. Is there somewhere I can check whether I'm on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2. And if it is the later, would you advise going with the jar or downgrading the firmware?

Thanks

try again:

Last edited by macmonkey; 2007-11-28 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Thanks for jumping on the thread Eurisko. All I know freom checking in the 'versions' tab is that it's 04.02.13_G. Is there somewhere I can check whether I'm on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2. And if it is the later, would you advise going with the jar or downgrading the firmware?

Thanks

try again:

Goto Settings -> General -> About

This will tell you what firmware version you have. If you're at 1.1.2 now, you would still need to downgrade to 1.1.1 to install "OKtoPrep". Otherwise the jailbreak.jar won't work.

Goto Settings -> General -> About
    I'm on 1.1.1, which puts me right back where I started as the standard jailbreak from the URL over Wi-Fi should be sorting me out to bypass activations.

Thanks

I'm on 1.1.1, which puts me right back where I started as the standard jailbreak from the URL over Wi-Fi should be sorting me out to bypass activations.
    So you're going to jailbreakme.com and AppSnapp is bowing out? I think there's other jailbreaking sites you can try http://i.unlock.no or some such thing. Try doing a thread search.

Well, as strange as it is I just gave it one last throw of the dice and this time it's worked. I think you just need to run it until it takes it, eventually it'll do something!

Just hit another bug though which I've not started looking in to you. I've dumped my O2 SIM in to it and can't get it to log on to O2 - when I go to 'Carrier' in the settings menu I just get 'Error' after a search. These things come to test us!!!

Well, as strange as it is I just gave it one last throw of the dice and this time it's worked. I think you just need to run it until it takes it, eventually it'll do something!

Just hit another bug though which I've not started looking in to you. I've dumped my O2 SIM in to it and can't get it to log on to O2 - when I go to 'Carrier' in the settings menu I just get 'Error' after a search. These things come to test us!!!
    Funny mine worked too..lol. It is just a case of keep trying!
    Ok your problem.....have you done the rest of the install?? oktoprep etc?
    If not you need to, then you can update in itunes to 1.1.2. Let me know. I've just completed the whole thing and now have mine working on a payg sim card. Good luck.
    The only problem I now have is, I have no EDGE option in the network settings! Anyone help with this please??

iPhone? More like MyPhone Fresh's Avatar
    Thanks

Connect the iPhone to the computer. Make sure iTunes is running and try appsnapp again.
    Appsnapp can be tough sometimes.
    If it fails, don't reboot manually. Instead slide the emergency slider again, call 0, answer, hold, decline and install appsnapp again.

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

Ok your problem.....have you done the rest of the install?? oktoprep etc?
    Ah, didn't know about this bit...better do some research!!

OK, I've done OKtoPrep and I'm going to do the 1.1.2 update afterwards. So what do I need after this - should I be good to go? I'm worried that the 1.1.2 might reset the activation bit again! I'm still confused as to why I can't use the same network SIM in it though.
    Last edited by macmonkey; 2007-11-29 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ah, didn't know about this bit...better do some research!!

OK, I've done OKtoPrep and I'm going to do the 1.1.2 update afterwards. So what do I need after this - should I be good to go? I'm worried that the 1.1.2 might reset the activation bit again! I'm still confused as to why I can't use the same network SIM in it though.
    Hi mate. All the instruction is on this forum, go to the jailbreaking page, and follow the instructions, it worked for me. Oktoprep I think prepares the phone for the itunes 1.1.2 update, so don't worry it'll still be activated. Just remember to click update in itunes and NOT restore. Then your need the win.batch file. I'm new to this so best check all the details on said forum page my friend. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    Connect the iPhone to the computer. Make sure iTunes is running and try appsnapp again.
    Appsnapp can be tough sometimes.
    If it fails, don't reboot manually. Instead slide the emergency slider again, call 0, answer, hold, decline and install appsnapp again.

Fresh...
    Hi Fresh. Was this direct at my problem fresh or macmonkey? Don't really fancey going down the route of appsnapp again if it is me this is for
    Last edited by gameon; 2007-11-29 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

OK, now I'm about ready to just give up on the iPhone entirely, it's so painful to unlock. Right, so have gone through all the hassle of getting past the activation only to find that my own O2 SIM won't work in an O2 iPhone and that I now need to unlatch it, I went with this thread:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185

Had no problems with the BSD Subsystem, etc. Downloaded the 1.1.2 update and went with the Shift + Update Option in iTunes. I was prepared that I'd have to go through the hassle of getting jailbreak working again, but this time it's worse. Despit the success of the update I don't have the activation iTines screen, I have the restore icon (cable and iTunes logo). I can use the emergency call route to get to the settings and Safari and my contact with these details and connection to my WLAN are all still intact. When I try and run with the jailbreak URL though I'm stuck all over again with the jailbreak question mark which I know means I have to restore using iBrickr as I had to a few times before. Thing is, if I run with iBrickr I know it'll take me back to 1.1.1. I'm just going round in circles.

Hi. Want to help you as I've been there too. Are you sure your iphones in the recovery state? I made this mistake too. You have to hold the home key and the on/off key together until it reboots. Reason I say this is, the recovery state as the same two symbles showing as your viewing now, the only difference I can remember is, in recovery there is no boarder around the screen! Please check that the screen is completely black apart from itunes icon and dock connector! I made this mistake for sometime.....Doh! Let me know. Good luck....keep at it!

I get more information for this problem and not found a solution at the moment.

I explore the iphone files and ALL FOLDERS of the a "normal" iPhone has missed. Because? Only the folder iTunes_Control has avaliable.

This is a first step to find a solution for this problem. See the image guys:

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@macmonkey

After upgrading to 1.1.2, there is no activate itunes anymore. It is now just the disk and a usb connector looks like in a recovery mode with the slide to emergency changing to a different language. when you update from 1.1.1 I am assuming you already install the oktoprep from the installer.

After the successful update to 1.1.2 next step is to run the jailbreak.jar that you download from http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185

by clicking the windows.bat, that will finish the jailbreak for you. When it's done it will tell you to reboot your iphone then after that if will automatically reboot itself. After that your iPhone is now have the slide to unlock instead of slide for emergency. WALAH activated..

Carrier: Tmobile
    Apple iPhone 8gb : FW 1.1.2 Unlocked
    EDGE: $5.99 Tzones Plan
    Email: YES
    SAFARI: YES
    MAP: YES
    YouTube: YES
    WEATHER: YES
    STOCKS: YES