Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone needs some help...

Default iphone needs some help...
    Hi,
    I need some help with 1 of 2 1.1.1 iphones unlocked with the simple guide on this site. I have one already unlocked and with Russian language packs running perfectly. However I tried doing the same thing with a second one and something has gone wrong... The second phone is unlocked and I can make phonecalls but if I open safari, text, and notes it opens them and then closes a few seconds later and goes back to home. The same happens with installer if I try to "add" sources; it just closes and returns to home. I thought it might have been some of the russian sources I installed so I un-installed them... to no avail. Then for some reason I thought it would be good to "erase all contents and settings"... which was no good. The phone now still has anySIM, and installer on it but all of the sources, except for App Tapp are gone.
    I have tried to restore it with itunes but get "an unkown error occurred (1) or (4).
    If anybody has any ideas on what I can do to get this back up and running that would be great.
    Thanks.

try using independence to put the phone in DFU mode that should fix the error itunes is giving u. The restore should work after that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ridge For This Useful Post:

Ekaterinburg07 (2007-11-28)

Default Great
    Thanks! My next question is what state is the phone in after restoring it? Is it back to a square one, out of the box, state? I feel as though I have read that AppTapp and anySIM will still be there and the phone will still be unlocked. If that's the case I guess it's just a matter of plugging in some new sources and going from there... otherwise I would just re-do the un-lock thing.
    Anyhow, thanks and I'll be sure to let everybody know if it works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ekaterinburg07 View Post
    Thanks! My next question is what state is the phone in after restoring it? Is it back to a square one, out of the box, state? I feel as though I have read that AppTapp and anySIM will still be there and the phone will still be unlocked. If that's the case I guess it's just a matter of plugging in some new sources and going from there... otherwise I would just re-do the un-lock thing.
    Anyhow, thanks and I'll be sure to let everybody know if it works.
    The only way your iPhone will stay unlocked through an upgrade is if you unlocked it with IPSF. You need to jailbreak after every upgrade.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Default One last voproc
    I am running Windows... I can't use iNdependance... can I? If not can iDemocracy put the phone into DFU mode? Thanks again.