Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 1.0.2 Upgrade Finally

  1. #1
    Default 1.0.2 Upgrade Finally
    I want to upgrade from an Unlocked 1.0.2 to 1.1.2 but i have read that i cannot do it directly.
    I have read alot of guides but i do not have WiFI (my phone reads "No WiFi") so i have no idea what to do, it looks like i have to upgrade to 1.1.1 first but i dont know how to do that in iTunes.

    If anyone could help me get to 1.1.2 tonight my AIM is

    MentalxNightmear

    just light me up, or reply here

    thanks

    -optic
    If I helped you, help me and hit thanks


  2. #2
    i am really interested in a way to do this too!!!

    I have 1.0.2 and would like to upgrade to 1.1.2 but i am just not too sure what to do!

    Thanks in advance!

  3. #3
    Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,516
    Thanks
    577
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

    You're gonna want to RESTORE to 1.1.1, by connecting to iTunes, holding down Home and Sleep for about 15-20 seconds until it says to connect to iTunes, then hold down Shift (Option if you're on a Mac) and hit RESTORE. Choose the 1.1.1 firmware file. (link in the wiki, under firmware download links in reference). Update. Unlock the 1.1.1 using the 1.1.1 unlock guide on the site. Install OktoPrep. UPGRADE to 1.1.2. Jailbreak with new jailbreak software. Unlock with anySIM 1.2.1u. Good to go. 90 minutes.
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    The question here is: how to do this without wifi.
    There isn't any solution, because 1.1.1 needs to be jailbroken with a tiff exploit.
    anySIM needs to be installed either through SSH or installer. Both require wifi.

    I don't see any other option than to spend an few Dollars on a wifi router.

    Fresh...
    The ifoneguide.
    iFoneguide

  5. #5
    is there new jail break software for 1.1.2? where is it?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    The question here is: how to do this without wifi.
    There isn't any solution, because 1.1.1 needs to be jailbroken with a tiff exploit.
    anySIM needs to be installed either through SSH or installer. Both require wifi.

    I don't see any other option than to spend an few Dollars on a wifi router.

    Fresh...
    The ifoneguide.
    The problem is not my "lack of router" I have a really powerful WiFi system running in my house, the problem is that when i jailbroke/unloked my phone for the first time it came out saying "No Wifi" in the Settings tab.

    If i do a restore or upgrade to 1.1.1 will this be fixed?

    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    You're gonna want to RESTORE to 1.1.1, by connecting to iTunes, holding down Home and Sleep for about 15-20 seconds until it says to connect to iTunes, then hold down Shift (Option if you're on a Mac) and hit RESTORE. Choose the 1.1.1 firmware file. (link in the wiki, under firmware download links in reference). Update. Unlock the 1.1.1 using the 1.1.1 unlock guide on the site. Install OktoPrep. UPGRADE to 1.1.2. Jailbreak with new jailbreak software. Unlock with anySIM 1.2.1u. Good to go. 90 minutes.
    Will this solve my WiFi problem as well?

    EDIT--------------

    I have downloaded 1.1.1 firmware but before i upgrade i want to make sure i have the best possible 1.1.1 unlock guide before i do everything.

    if anyone has a recomunded one please feel free to post, any help is needed. thanks.

    -optic
    Last edited by opticsoldier; 2007-11-29 at 04:55 AM. Reason: New Step
    If I helped you, help me and hit thanks


  7. #7
    with the method above by poetic do i need to virginize? I unlocked my iphone using iUnlocker.

    Thanks for your help

  8. #8
    im @ 1.0.2 and im interested in upgrading to 1.1.2 as well

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    im @ 1.0.2 and im interested in upgrading to 1.1.2 as well
    im in the same boat.

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Hello every one I recently went from 1.0.2 to 1.1.2 I had unlock with iunlock on 1.0.2
    I used the steps provided by http://iphone.unlock.no/ super easy steps to virginize 1.0.2 must be done first if you unlocked phone.
    Then I did DFU restore to 1.1.1 (option+ restore for mac in itunes, shift+restore for windows) after restore you can unlock for 1.1.1 FW provided also by the website I have provided. If your planing to upgrade to 1.1.2 and unlock . do a restore to 1.1.2. then do a DFU mode restore with itunes to 1.1.1 you'll get an error after this but you can know follow the guide at www.hacktheiphone.com I have used this guide on two phones and both are unlocked fw 1.1.2 everything works.
    If I helped please don't forget to thank me by selecting the thanks button.
    Later

    Quote Originally Posted by freshiem View Post
    with the method above by poetic do i need to virginize? I unlocked my iphone using iUnlocker.

    Thanks for your help
    Yes you do need to first
    P.S www.hacktheiphone.com has alot off screen shots.
    Last edited by atm_10142k; 2007-12-01 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to atm_10142k For This Useful Post:

    daytonaviolet (2007-12-01)

  12. #11
    thanks.. i'll try it this weekend and let u know what happens.

  13. #12
    Default ??
    Hey guys, i have a 1.02 fw that is unlocked, hacked, you know. I just want to upgrade to 1.1.2 automatically, but all the steps are confusing. Can anyone help me with this because my phone acts weird and has all these bugs and i really want to update ASAP. Oh and what if i can just update my phone to 1.1.2 on the spot w/o restoring and updating to 1.1.1, willl it brick my phone or what? PLEASE HELP
    Last edited by J.Killuhh; 2007-12-01 at 07:20 AM.

  14. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by J.Killuhh View Post
    Hey guys, i have a 1.02 fw that is unlocked, hacked, you know. I just want to upgrade to 1.1.2 automatically, but all the steps are confusing. Can anyone help me with this because my phone acts weird and has all these bugs and i really want to update ASAP. Oh and what if i can just update my phone to 1.1.2 on the spot w/o restoring and updating to 1.1.1, willl it brick my phone or what? PLEASE HELP
    I'll be more than glad to help let me know

    If you unlocked you'll need to virginize if not then you can update with out bricking. use http://iphone.unlock.no/ to virginize then use www.hacktheiphone.com to unlock up to 1.1.2 both super easy to do.
    Note when it referes to DFU Mode it means the way it work for me is hold the sleep/wake button and homebutton for about 10 sec when the screen goes black let go the sleep/wake button dont let go the home button go while holding the home button connect to commputer and itunes will see phone on recovery mode once the it does let go off the home button. if using mac use option+restore to select fireware. Windows is shift+restore.
    One more note You may get an error if you try to go from 1.0.2 to 1.1.2, if you do go to 1.1.1 the to 1.1.2. let me know if it helps or need help. be more than glad to help.

    Lots of screen shots of the process on www.hacktheiphone.com
    Last edited by atm_10142k; 2007-12-01 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Added info

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •