Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help i might have a new way to jailbreak 1.1.2 without downgrade

Exclamation need help i might have a new way to jailbreak 1.1.2 without downgrade
    ok well i pulled up my iphone browser and it said i still have my jailbreak from 1.1.1 and nstaller and everything... well i was thinking if i need oktoprep on my iphone there might be a way to put it on the phone with iphone browser... so if anyone can find oktoprep and give me a copy(windows) then maybe if enough of us try this it will work

please help and feel free to critisize me it could help

iPhone? More like MyPhone Fresh's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think anyone can, but this worked as an alternative to oktoprep when it was down:

1) You need SSH installed on iPhone
    2) Download and unzip http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/zips/OktoPrep.zip
    3) Put sbin/mknod file to /sbin/ on your iPhone via ssh (same octal as all other files/folders in the sbin folder!)
    4) When you finally have mknod file on your iPhone, login via ssh to it and type the following command:
    /sbin/mknod ~/Media/disk c 14 1
    NOTE - You must do it on your iPhone, not on your Mac or PC! (with pgm Term-vt100 from installer).
    5) Voila, you don't need Oktoprep anymore, you can safely update to 1.1.2 and launch jailbreak.jar (got to have java installed!)
    iFoneguide

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh For This Useful Post:

bagfoot (2007-11-28)

well i need to do it without haveing a jailbroken phone see i am on 1.1.2 and its not jailbroken so i need to find a way to put it on my phone manualy from my (windows) computer

Thanks

Oktoprep needs to run on 1.1.1, so you have to downgrade to 1.1.1 anyway.
    Restore to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it with AppSnapp (www.jailbreakme.com).
    Move straight into the installer and run OktoPrep (make sure you press the OK button on the popup).
    Return to the springboard.
    Don't reboot the iPhone manually!
    Update (not restore) to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it.

This should work.

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

well im asking because i dont have wifi at the house i am just looking for an easyer way to do it and if i can take oktoprep and see what makes it do what it does maybe i can make something that would do the same for 1.1.2 or something that would jailbreak it with a one-click method

Thanks

Well, without wifi you won't get very far.
    I was thinking of a solution without wifi, but I assume there isn't any.
    OktoPrep needs to run from 1.1.1. 1.1.1 Needs to be jailbroken with a tiff exploit from Safari. You can't do that without a wifi internet connection, unless you have your own tiff exploit software running on a local server.

Once jailbroken you need to install OktoPrep through internet. Even if you don't have internet, the alternative solution I proposed requires you login through SSH, which (again) requires wifi...

Sorry, but I guess there's no other option than buying a wifi router for a few Dollars.

Fresh...
    Last edited by Fresh; 2007-11-28 at 07:14 AM.
    iFoneguide

yea that makes sense

ok well i ont know how to make a one-click jailbreak if anyone can give me some advice because i have the 1.1.2 firmware 1.1.1 firmware oktoprep and the 1.1.2 jailbreak all on my computer so if anyone has any ideas about how to somehow make thouse all work easily and quickly please tell me
    Last edited by bagfoot; 2007-11-28 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost