Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For the ppl who updated from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken...........

Default For the ppl who updated from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken...........
    Did you feel that the process to update to 1.1.2 from an unlocked and jailbroken 1.1.1 was complicated? aggravating?

If not, what is the best guide in YOUR opinion to do so from a windows pc,

Wanna get some feedback from the brave and tech savvy souls who have plunged into the darkness and Immerged into the light!! 1.1.1 - 1.1.2

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Its definitely a more annoying process.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

thats what im thinking too, and ive heard of many ppl screwing their phone trying and it was perfect b4 they started......

Thats why i want more opinions and the easiest and best solution to do so

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Fw 1.1.2: NOT I
    for now. I have been reading and following the methods listed on this forum and hachint0sh. It's too risky for me!

very gruelling for me. spent 4 hours saturday with no success, then 8 freaking hours sunday, to finally succeed.

now with the update i can not change my carrier logo or the weather.app icon

send song seems to fail a lot
    customize does not work

otherwise its working. my sms messages are all coming thorugh now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the easiet step Ihave found are at www.hacktheiphone.com
    The simplest way to virginize your phone canbe found at http://iphone.unlock.no/ supper easy i done this on two phones with success.
    Last edited by atm_10142k; 2007-11-27 at 03:49 AM. Reason: updated info

I found it very easy indeed, took about 45 mins and is great if you follow the instructions to the tee

The tutorial I used is here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185

But

Here is the but...

Look out for the words UPDATE and RESTORE

because if you restore where it says to update, youll have a semi brick

STEP 2 IS SHIFT AND RESTORE IN ITUNES

STEP 3 IS SHIFT AND RESTORE IN ITUNES

STEP 4 IS SHIFT AND UPDATE IN ITUNES

for some reason phase 2 is entitled upgrade to 1.1.2 and in the tute it says restore..

I clicked restore on step 4 by mistake and ended up having to re virginse at 1.0.2 to get it working again and then go through the tutorial again. so read to the letter.

Also if at anytime you have any trouble getting the phone out of dfu then just download ibrickr and choose the boot iphone option, works really well.

In the tutorial you dont have to bother with the optional steps as these are just to pimp up your carrier menu, which you probably never did anyway.

You tube should be autofixed during this process too so thumbs up.

I usually had troubles with the previous updates, but this one went the smoothest. Definitely look at http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...k_windows.html

Thank you everyone for all the threads so far, im looking at everybodys sites right now and im still trying to decide if i should do this or not.

One last thing, do you think the dev team or someone else will come out with an easy way to update to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1? like as easy as anysim (point and click)??
    Of course im talking about unlocking/jailbreaking and activating

Thank god my phone isn't unlocked! Took me a mere grueling 10 mins to update and jailbreak! Hahahaha. Good luck my friend!

Reako

to be honest, i dont think its gonna get much easier than this, just remember if you do it to read through thoroughly before you do it, and while your doing it and pay attention to wording

Green Apple
    Thanks

i'm reading about too many issues once upgrading to 1.1.2 (broken apps, constant reboots etc) so I'm goin to wait for A WHILE until things stabilize b4 I dive into upgrading the firmware.

my 1.1.1 is rock solid right now so i'm lovin life right about now.

whats all this about broken apps and phone not working?

i took the plunge and updated to 1.12 (using hacktheiphone's method) and now im in the awesome world of 1.12 and everything is working just perfect!

if u have the time and r willing to spend at least an hour to try and update then u should because it really isnt THAT hard so long as you read and understand the instructions correctly.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atm_10142k View Post
    the easiet step Ihave found are at www.hacktheiphone.com
    The simplest way to virginize your phone canbe found at http://iphone.unlock.no/ supper easy i done this on two phones with success.
    if u add i.unlock.no in the installe it gives you a folder called unlocking tool and it is the BIGGEST HELP! u can virginize all firmware....AND DOWNGRADE the 1.1.2 baseband which myself nor iD2 could. That site has helped me soooooo much

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    the reason why most people are having problems is because there not quiting the itunes after downgrading then jailbreaking in recovery mode

Thanks
    I had used the older method that ReVan posted a little while ago and found it to be annoying just because of all of the upgrading and downgrading. But I just helped my friend jailbreak and unlock his phone using the new, much shorter method. You can now run AnySIM 1.1.2u while your in 1.1.2, you just have to put the iphone in Airplane mode first. And you only have to upgrade once now.