Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading 1.1.2 with PPC Mac

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Downgrading 1.1.2 with PPC Mac
    i am going to just finally ask.

I am trying to downgrade my 1.1.2 iPhone to 1.1.1 obviously...i have tried numerous times and to no avail i still have 1.1.2 kept getting unknown error

No one has mentioned using a powerpc mac like i am, are there special intructions for it or am i just messing up horribly?

i just got my iPhone last week and accidentally upgraded it without looking out of excitement...stupid i know...and when i realized what happened it was too late.

I am using an iBook with Leopard (PPC)
    iTunes 7.5
    and i have iNdependence 1.3

Can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance

anyone?
    Last edited by Sirius389; 2007-11-27 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah...I got the same prob! I receive error 1015 and so on, but my independence won't link to phone. It just keeps saying connected to phone in recovery mode. DUH! This really pissess me off. And I miss all my apps!
    I'ts nice to be important, but more important to be NICE!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steeler927 View Post
    Yeah...I got the same prob! I receive error 1015 and so on, but my independence won't link to phone. It just keeps saying connected to phone in recovery mode. DUH! This really pissess me off. And I miss all my apps!
    yeah i dont even get the correct error, i get error (1) or some other error

Try using itunes 7.4.2, I am not sure if that will work but worth a try.

i had to restore mine cause it was crashing every 2 friggin seconds and im trying to downgrade my self same problems as you guys error 1015 can anyone help?

Thumbs up Virginize your baseband when in 1.0.2
    It took me forever but I finally got the iPhone I bought at the SF Apple Store last Sunday to unlock and run on T-Mobile.

If your phone was inadvertently upgraded to 1.1.2, you need to virginize the baseband but only AFTER walking the iPhone software down through version 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 using iTunes.

Independence 1.3 should work with iTunes 7.5, but I ended up reverting to iTunes 7.4, (use appdelete to remove 7.5), and got it unlocked.

Independence may need a moment to reopen the phone as you work. Restarting the phone and Independence can help. If you get error (1), you may need to start over from 1.1.2

The patch in 1.1.2 prevents the JailbreakMe.com TIFF hack from working, so you apparently need to virginize the phone to use the TIFF hack method of unlocking and install AppTap aka Installer.

I found it helpful to enter reset mode by fully powering off the iPhone with the slider and then plugging in the USB while holding down the home button. The iPhone then restarts in reset mode.

Be patient after the phone kicks out of Safari to the sync screen after installing AppTap from JailbreakMe.com, it should restart in a minute or so..., and then you're in.

I think the best guide to free unlocking is from Unlock.no, use this link:

http://iphone.unlock.no/

Here's the section on flash virginizing the modem baseband:

How to "Virginize" if you already upgraded and have 04.01.13_G.

You would want to do this if you upgraded to 1.1.1, and now have 0049xxx IMEI, and Modem version 04.01.13_G. Check this in Settings → General → About.

Set Settings → General → Auto Lock → Never

Install BSD SubSystem found in System Category.

Go to Sources and tap edit and add http://i.unlock.no/ (if you haven't already).

Now install "Virginize 04.x" found in Unlocking Tools category. This will take almost 10 minutes.

When done, restore your phone to get 1.1.1 firmware reinstalled.

When phone have been restored, you can Activate and unlock as normal.