Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help Really Bad, Iphone Locked I Think

Angry Need Help Really Bad, Iphone Locked I Think
    ok well i had the phone for about a month and it was on a famil plan with a couple of other people... We decided to get signle plans and got the phones disconnected (BAD MOVE).. So before i go and get my own plan i restore the phone (another bad move)

Well i had unlocked my phone with ibrickr and it was downgraded to 1.0.2

Before i had restored my phone and re unlocked it and it worked fine..

Dont know why i decided to RESTORE my phone again and the **** also got that gay 1.1.2 upgrade on it...

Well the restore is good but the phone now says

INCORRECT SIM - insert an unlocked and valid sim to activate iphone

called apple to see if they can tell me why it would do that and he told me to go to at&t and get a new SIM... Did that and still getting that damn same thing....

Im lost and dont know what the hell to do...

Does anyone have any idea? or can help?

Ive been trying to get down to 1.0.2 and will not let me do it

iPhone? More like MyPhone Fresh's Avatar
    Thanks

You need a baseband downgrade and virginize.

1. Jailbreak any firmware (1.0.2 or 1.1.1) and add http:/i.unlock.no/ as a source to installer.
    2. Install bsd subystem and run BB downgrade (1.1.2) from installer.
    3. Restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak with jailbreakme.com and install bsd subsystem. Add http://i.unlock.no to sources again.
    4. Now install The Virginizer (04.X).
    5. Restore to 1.1.1 again, jailbreak with jailbreakme.com.
    6. Install bsd subsystem, install anySIM 1.1. Run anySIM 1.1 with you own sim in the iPhone and you should be able to make phone calls again.

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    You need a baseband downgrade and virginize.

1. Jailbreak any firmware (1.0.2 or 1.1.1) and add http:/i.unlock.no/ as a source to installer.
    3. Restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak with jailbreakme.com and install bsd subsystem. Add http://i.unlock.no to sources again.
    5. Restore to 1.1.1 again, jailbreak with jailbreakme.com.
    6. Install bsd subsystem, install anySIM 1.1. Run anySIM 1.1 with you own sim in the iPhone and you should be able to make phone calls again.

Fresh...

ouch.... dont know how to do any of that. my phone has 1.1.2 now and its reading firmware version 04.02.13_g

so it can still be downgraded?

I tried using ibreakr and doing that 1.0.2 downgrade but it will not work for some reason

Thanks

Your iPhone has been unlocked in 1.0.2, so before you can make phone calls again, it needs to be virginized in any case, no matter what modem version is on it now. Downgrading to a lower firmware version will not change the 04.02.13_G modem version. Virginization only works if your iPhone had been unlocked in the past with iUnlock or anySIM.
    Only proceed if that is the case.

That's why you need to run the baseband downgrader to get back to an older modem version.
    The baseband downgrader can be run from firmware 1.1.1. So restore to that firmware version, jailbreak it (don't run anySIM!) and activate wifi to be able to run the bb downgrader as inicated.
    Before installing the bb downgrader, make sure wifi is working and the auto lock is set to "never" in settings on the iPhone.

I'll guide you through it step by step if you want. Leave me a PM in that case, because I won't be at home this evening.

Fresh...
    Last edited by Fresh; 2007-11-25 at 04:59 PM.
    iFoneguide

thanks alot... well i am up to an activation screen again so i mite have it but if anything i will PM you...

well i tried and nothing worked....

so i had to retore the phone...

so its back to its original self and it has 04.02.13_G on it on 1.1.2

but its still giving me that damn

INCORRECT SIM - INSERT AN UNLOCKED AND CALID SIM TO ACTIVATE IPHONE

when i got the phone it did come with 1.1.1 and i downgraded to 1.0.2 to use ibrikr so i dont know why it wont work

I am so lost.......

ok so i try another way and try to downgrade to 1.0.2 thru the restore on itunes..

ITS SAYS: THE IPHONE "IPHONE" COULD NOT BE RESTORED an UNKONWN ERROR OCCURRED (1)

why? what am i doing wrong?
    Last edited by merv.jdmd; 2007-11-25 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

run app tap for 1.0.2 twice

Thanks

Did you try to virginize your iphone? Because all this up and downgrading won't solve a thing if you don't virginize it.
    Your iPhone has been unlocked in 1.0.2 so you MUST virginize before upgrading to a higher baseband.
    You are now back at the baseband of firmware 1.1.2.
    You need to follow this path, downgrading the baseband and virginizing after that is the only solution.
    First thing: restore to 1.1.1.

1. Jailbreak firmware 1.1.1 and add http:/i.unlock.no/ as a source to installer.
    3. Restore again to 1.1.1, jailbreak with jailbreakme.com and install bsd subsystem. Add http://i.unlock.no to sources again.
    5. Restore to 1.1.1 again, jailbreak with jailbreakme.com. Add http://i.unlock.no as a source to installer.

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh For This Useful Post:

merv.jdmd (2007-11-26)

FRESH thank so much for trying to help but i cant get this **** to work at all........ im not the smartest person when it comes to stuff like this and i already tried everything about 40 times...

is there anyway i can check what am i running? 1.0.2, 1.1.1, or 1.1.2

The phone is basically stuck on the actiation screen with that WRONG SIM CARD massege i keep getting....

If you have yahoo, aim or msn can you add me?

yahoo - ojcivichatchback
    hotmail - [email protected]
    AIM - cvcevil

i just tried to restore my phone into 1.0.2 and this is what it says

IPHONE COULD NOT BE RESTORED UNKNOWN ERROR (2003)

im almost giving up on this my friends........

Just do another restore.

tried and it will not work.....

iphone has

1.1.2 wih firmware 04.02.13_G

i dont know what else to do...

Still have the INCORRECT SIM - insert an unlocked sim to activate iphone
    Last edited by merv.jdmd; 2007-11-27 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Okay, this the story.
    You have previously been unlocked in firmware 1.0.2 only.
    There are 2 thing you need to see separately:
    1. The iPhone firmware (OS, programs etc.).
    2. The iPhone modem version (GSM related functionalities).

Unlocked 1.0.2 iPhones must always be virginized first before moving up to a higher modem version. In this case we're talking about virginizing the modem version. You can move down to the 03.xx modem version with BB downgrader. It doesn't really matter in which iPhone firmware version you do that! After a baseband (= modem version) downgrade, you might even end up with an iPhone running firmware 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 with modem version 03.xx.xx_G. This is corrected in a later step in order to get the right baseband version with the correct firmware version.
    In the steps I've given, you will have firmware 1.1.1 and modem version 04.01.13_G.

Downgrading the firmware with iTunes does NOT downgrade the modem version. Let's say you are at firmware 1.1.2 and downgrade to firmware 1.0.2, the baseband will remain at the 04.02.13_G version! The program BB downgrader is needed to bring that modem version down to version 03.xx.xx_G to allow you to virginize the iPhone.

If you carefully follow the steps I've given you, it should work.

Fresh...
    Last edited by Fresh; 2007-11-27 at 01:22 AM.
    iFoneguide

not working my friend....

hola Hernandez, listen, that is fixable.
    you have to downgrade the baseband, virginize it and then you follow this link.

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...nlock_mac.html

It tells you how to end up with a 1.1.2 unlocked phone. There, you can see a guide to fix/virginize your iphone. DONT FOLLOW IT. It is outdated.

Virginizing is cleaning your baseband so it fixes the "mess" done by AnySim/IUnlock.
    for that you have to:
    Go to this link and follow PHASE 2.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...grade+baseband

To virginize you have to find the Virginiger_pack.
    Go to that same LINK and follow PHASE 3. (forget about PHASE 2.5)

After you are done with that. If your phone is about a month old (or older) you probably dont have the new bootloader, which is good. In that case proceed with step two of the instructions.

The instructions are for Mac. if you dont have one you will have to cross-platform.

mmmmmmmm......you know what..... if you dont know which programs to use. post it here. i dont wanna go through that if you have a Mac.
    Last edited by scratik; 2007-11-27 at 03:15 AM.

i do not have mac....

so what do i use?

i got the phone down to 1.1.1 then ran ibrickr and everything but i still cant go pass the activation screen because it says: INCORRECT SIM to insert an unlocked sim to be able to activate...

Thanks

Again the question: "Did you virginize the phone, before trying to unlock 1.1.1?"
    You will not be able to unlock the iPhone if you keep on skipping this.

"Not working" doesn't tell much. If you want proper help, tell us where you got stuck.
    You cannot skip any of the steps, certainly not the virginization.
    iFoneguide

phone is back and working thanks to fresh......

Listen to the man , he knows what he is talking

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by merv.jdmd View Post
    phone is back and working thanks to fresh......

Listen to the man , he knows what he is talking

Every (ueber)brick can be revived!

Congratulations and now have fun with yer iPhone!

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

Default Jailbreaking Problem!!!!
    Hi Fresh,

Need to ask you a question maybe you can help me out. I had an iPhone Firmware 1.1.1 locked but updated it with iTunes to Firmware 1.1.2 by mistake and after I jailbroke it but always locked. I tried to use anySim when it was on Firmware 1.1.2 but unfortunately the software installation wasn't successful. Than I restored the iPhone with iTunes to Firmware 1.1.1 again and all seemed fine till then but when I came to jailbreak again nothing is happening and keeps coming the Slide to Emergency screen. I tried an infinate number of times but always the same conclusion. I would like to Virginize the iPhone because maybe problems started when the anySIM software hanged but since I cannot do the jailbreak is there some other software that I can use to virginize my iPhone. Btw I'm running on Windows XP. Hope you can help me out

P.S. The jailbreak problem is only on this iPhone because after I did another 4 and ALL successfully.

Thanks,

Etienne.

Default Virginize First
    i do not have mac....

so what do i use?

i got the phone down to 1.1.1 then ran ibrickr and everything but i still cant go pass the activation screen because it says: INCORRECT SIM to insert an unlocked sim to be able to activate...

Go down to 1.0.2, downgrade baseband and virginize. Thats the way to start. i've posted the link above. THEN you follow the other link, i know it is for mac, but you can crossplatform, or post here you specific questions if your get stuck at some point.

i do not have mac....

so what do i use?

Virginize first, follow the link above, then follow the other link. I know if for mac but try crossplatforming or post here your specific questions if you get stuck somewhere. But VIRGINIZE FIRST. Go down to 1.0.2, to get the phone out of the itunes error and "CONNECT TO ITUNES" state, you should run AppTapp installer marking 1.0.2 box. Then you can jailbreak using PACAY. Then downgrade baseband and VIRGINIZE .....

Quote Originally Posted by eghigo View Post
    Hi Fresh,

Need to ask you a question maybe you can help me out. I had an iPhone Firmware 1.1.1 locked but updated it with iTunes to Firmware 1.1.2 by mistake and after I jailbroke it but always locked. I tried to use anySim when it was on Firmware 1.1.2 but unfortunately the software installation wasn't successful. Than I restored the iPhone with iTunes to Firmware 1.1.1 again and all seemed fine till then but when I came to jailbreak again nothing is happening and keeps coming the Slide to Emergency screen. I tried an infinate number of times but always the same conclusion. I would like to Virginize the iPhone because maybe problems started when the anySIM software hanged but since I cannot do the jailbreak is there some other software that I can use to virginize my iPhone. Btw I'm running on Windows XP. Hope you can help me out

P.S. The jailbreak problem is only on this iPhone because after I did another 4 and ALL successfully.

Thanks,

Etienne.
    Look, to virginize follow a link i posted before. It's weird that i locked phone caused you that problem. Anyway, I posted VIRGINIZING stuff in these thread. Follow it. Once you get that done you can upgrade to 1.1.2 then downgrade jailbreak bla,bla,bla..... it's all here http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...nlock_mac.html
    BUT VIRGINIZE FIRST. And make sure your phone is a month old (or older) otherwise you will have to do a different unlocking method cuz of the new bootloader.
    Last edited by scratik; 2007-11-30 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I followed the thread you told me but it's for MAC. What can I use instead of iNdependence since I'm running on Windows. Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast