Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: something VERY wierd happened....

Default something VERY wierd happened....
    ok...i have previously (about a day back) posted about my wifi not working after i restored my phone via itunes to 1.1.4 and unlocked it via iliberty+
    so...basically my wifi wouldnt work and i was trying various things to get it to work again....like using ziphone 3.0 (ive had absolutely no problems with it....for any firmware restore/upgrade i have used it for), iliberty+ n winpwn...(didnt use winpwn finally - chickened out coz i read too many posts about winpwn killing the iphone....)
    so i downloaded ziphone 3.0 and then went to itunes to restore the phone...for a clean jailbreak/unlock....
    now after the restore process completed....my phone showed the earth wallpaper and 'slide for emergency' at the bottom - normal
    what it also showed....for the first time was my service provider (vodafone) and signal - NOT normal!
    so out of curiosity i slid the panel, entered my girlfriends phone number and it rang!!! so i cut the call....n 10 seconds later she sent me a message saking why i missed called her.....!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i didnt do anything else....simply restored my phone....via itunes.....
    wats happening??? can anybody explain....???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

A lot of times if you unlock and restore to the same firmware it retains the unlock.

ahh....didnt know that.....never saw it before either...
    thanks
    btw....still havent gotten my wifi to work...