Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Needed

Default Help Needed
    Hello my iphone has several problems.

-No Network
    -Wifi Greyed Out
    -Sounds are accompanied by weird high pitched noise
    -Cannot successfully restore to any version of firmware
    -Battery display shows phone constantly at 10% after briefly flashing fully charged battery at start up.

Here are my phone's specs
    -1.1.3 (4A93) firmware
    -Modem Firmware is 04.04.05_G
    -Unlocked and jailbroken first by ziPhone on April 13, 2008
    -Attempted to restore to 1.1.3 after without success, then attempted to unlocked and jailbroken again using iLiberty yesterday
    -T-Mobile Sim Card

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Try this:

1. Hold the power and home buttons down (the iphone will power off after about 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)
    2. After the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)
    3. After about 20 seconds or so, Itunes should see you iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    4. Now iTunes should see your iPhone and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware. Restore to 1.1.4

I've tried that about 5 times now with no success. Something to peculiar to note is that when I attempt the restore process, the phone seemingly disconnects and then reconnects during the "preparing iphone" stage, and during this time the loading circle appears at the bottom of the apple logo. My guess is something is very corrupt with whatever's running in my phone right now. Is there another way to wipe whatever is currently on the phone and reinstall everything without using the itunes restore method?

Are you sure that you are in DFU mode?

The screen will remain BLACK during the restore process.

DFU the deepest restore mode that you can do.

Edit// No, you can only restore through itunes.
    Last edited by hiflyer; 2008-06-02 at 06:32 PM. Reason: edit

I think what happens is, it jumps out of DFU mode. Either that or I can't enter DFU at all. Either way, no matter waht I do, I still end up seeing the cable plug graphic.

Lets try this again:

Hold both power and home buttons for 10 seconds or so until the screen turns BLACK.

Let up on the POWER button, but continue to hold the HOME button,

Plug into Itunes and within 20 seconds or so Itunes should recogonize the Iphone. Then and only then let go of the HOME button.

You should be in dfu mode and ready to restore.

Once I plug it in, the apple logo appears.

Quote Originally Posted by baribigbird06B View Post
    Once I plug it in, the apple logo appears.
    OK, you are not in the dfu mode. just leave it plugged in and do the dfu steps from there and let me know what happens

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

baribigbird06B (2008-06-02)

Alright, finally in DFU. I'll give you a thanks just for that one. Should the screen stay black, or will the apple logo eventually pop up? Because during the "waiting for iphone stage" the apple logo reappears with the loading circle at the bottom.

Alright, finally in DFU. I'll give you a thanks just for that one. Should the screen stay black, or will the apple logo eventually pop up? Because during the "waiting for iphone stage" the apple logo reappears with the loading circle at the bottom.
    It should do the restore and boot back and offer you to use backup or new, select new.

Afterward's I suggest:

After you restore to 1.1.4 download and install iliberty+

Run iliberty+ with just the 6 boxes on the standard page checked then “go to it”

When the iphone reboots after the jailbreak, go to settings, general, autolock and

set autolock to never.

THEN refresh cydia and install ALL updates. When that is completed,

install the “installer” from cydia.

Then install what apps you desire.

I noticed you are online. Could we possibly communicate by instant message instead? I have google and AIM.

I noticed you are online. Could we possibly communicate by instant message instead? I have google and AIM.
    yes, I have google

It seems like the same issue as before is happening, where the restore is stuck at "restoring iPhone firmware"

I PMed you with my contact info.
    Last edited by baribigbird06B; 2008-06-02 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost