Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Oktoprep

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Oktoprep
    Hi, I am trying to pre upgrade to 1.1.2 and oktoprep keep crashing to home screen while trying to install. I tried to upgrade to 1.1.2 hoping maybe they change it, but like I expected I got the noticed about need to install oktoprep on 1.1.1..

Is anyone one having the same problem?

Carrier: Tmobile
    Apple iPhone 8gb : FW 1.1.2 Unlocked
    EDGE: $5.99 Tzones Plan
    Email: YES
    SAFARI: YES
    MAP: YES
    YouTube: YES
    WEATHER: YES
    STOCKS: YES

Quote Originally Posted by dakko View Post
    Hi, I am trying to pre upgrade to 1.1.2 and oktoprep keep crashing to home screen while trying to install. I tried to upgrade to 1.1.2 hoping maybe they change it, but like I expected I got the noticed about need to install oktoprep on 1.1.1..

Is anyone one having the same problem?
    This is happening for me as well.

It will download the package fine but, as soon as it gets to installing it crashes and goes to springboard.

Might as well share in the misery... took me all night before I realized that Octoprep isn't installing... was trying to get everything done after swapping my phone at the apple store today

Thanks

I used it few hours ago and it worked fine on my hubby's iPhone. But when I tried to use it again it keep crashing. It will download then when it's time to install it it crashes to springboard.

EDIT** this is on a different phone.

Yea, it took me like three failed jailbreak attempts to realize that this was the problem. I hope it's fixed soon (I'm guessing it is a problem with the download from source).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CJ145 View Post
    Yea, it took me like three failed jailbreak attempts to realize that this was the problem. I hope it's fixed soon (I'm guessing it is a problem with the download from source).

I am hoping the same thing. hopefully it's from the source since I used it hrs ago with hubby's phone.

yea i'm having the same problem too, hopefully this gets fixed by tomorrow since jailbreakme.com was down yesterday too

Just a bit of advice for those upping to 1.1.2: When restoring/updating to the 1.1.2 f/w after using Oktoprep (when it finally works for you) be sure to hit the 'update' button in itunes (you can shift+click this button) as I found this out the hard way several times. After about 3 hours of downgrading and upgrading, I realized that hitting the 'restore' button wipes out what Oktoprep does. Just thought to mention for ya.

I did this yesterday, it worked flawlessly (oktoprep did)

Same here, can't get oktoprep to install ! Please help.

I am also having trouble installing oktoprep. During install, keeps going back to spring/summerboard without a reset and oktoprep remaining on the install screen in installer

Its still crashing back to the springboard. I think I will stay on 1.1.1 its just too much hassle unless the oktoprep works. Maybe someone can upload it to the files area?

Quote Originally Posted by 105547111 View Post
    Its still crashing back to the springboard. I think I will stay on 1.1.1 its just too much hassle unless the oktoprep works. Maybe someone can upload it to the files area?
    A version to manually install would be great at this point.

Default files
    hi, I'm stuck at octoprep installer error. I checked developper site and find some infos in the following url: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/
    if you search for octoprep you'll see files.

great i found the link to manually download oktoprep, but don't know where to put it in the phone

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/zips/OktoPrep.zip

Quote Originally Posted by a.le View Post
    great i found the link to manually download oktoprep, but don't know where to put it in the phone

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/zips/OktoPrep.zip
    It goes in /sbin/ , however it needs to be run with arguments (or something) as just placing it there does not work.

Thanks

I guess, still not working. I tried again and still crashing to springboard. /sigh

hey guys im getting exactly the same error
    curiously i used it on 2 iphones today and it worked on a 8 gb but didnt worked on a 4? does that makes a diff?

btw i also downloaded the oktoprep zip but without arguments or commands its useless
    this is the args that installer uses while installing oktprep i hope they help

"""""OktoPrep name OktoPrep version 1.0 size 14278 description Prepare 1.1.1 phones for TouchFree jailbreak location http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/zips/OktoPrep.zip url http://www.conceitedsoftware.com/ scripts preflight IfNot FirmwareVersionIs 1.0.2 1.1.1 AbortOperation Firmware 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 is required to update to 1.1.2. install CopyPath sbin/ /sbin/ IfNot ExistsPath /private/var/root/Media/disk Exec /sbin/mknod /private/var/root/Media/disk c 14 1 Notice You are now ready to perform an "Update" to 1.1.2 and continue with the TouchFree process. uninstall RemovePath /sbin/mknod /var/root/Media/disk """"

Ok i just got this working and have a jailbroken 1.1.2. heres what i did.

i uploaded the file mknod to /sbin/
    then i opened up putty and typed the following:
    /sbin/mknod /private/var/root/Media/disk c 14 1
    chmod 777 /private/var/root/Media/disk

updated to 1.1.2 then jailbroke it. worked like a charm.

would you know how to do that in a mac by any chance?

You need to run this on iPhone, not on MAC or PC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast