Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where is the 185mb file from the dev team 1.1.3 jailbreak?

Default Where is the 185mb file from the dev team 1.1.3 jailbreak?
    I'm currently at 1.1.4, but in the past i upgraded to 1.1.3 using the dev team's jailbreak. It left a 185 mb file in my phone. I really want that space and need to delete the file. I read through the entire jailbreak thread but no one ever stated where it was. What did everyone else do about it?

Thanks,
    Dan

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont think,that it is there,caurse you restored your phone and that means,that ALL the files were deleted during this process.

iTunes still says i have 215mb taken up by "other". Its still there unfortunately. Restore doesn't delete everything.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ghandioncesaid View Post
    iTunes still says i have 215mb taken up by "other". Its still there unfortunately. Restore doesn't delete everything.
    LOL! I have 350MB of other. Its my installer apps.

not mine, i dont really have anything installed. Just task bar notifier, bsd, solitair and flashlight, but i'm still showing 215mb in "other". Its really odd that no one in that thread ever mentioned where it was. Or if it is an accounting error, how do i fix that? Someone must have come up with a solution by now.

So no one ever came up with a solution to this? Even though at the beginning of the thread, it was stated that the file had to be deleted?

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't that the firmware space?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Firmware takes up about 165 MB or so and then the rest is apps.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i have over 700mb of other.

i dont know how bad you need 185mb lol, remove some songs dude. my iphone is more of a palm pc or phone then it is an ipod

and after a fresh restore, and jailbreak. i noticed there was only 50mb left out of the 300mb on the partition side. so this shows almost 250mb is from the OS of the iphone. but this is on a different partition so isn't visible as "other" on ur iphone thru itunes
    Last edited by smirkis; 2008-06-03 at 06:18 PM.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    i have over 700mb of other.

i dont know how bad you need 185mb lol, remove some songs dude. my iphone is more of a palm pc or phone then it is an ipod

and after a fresh restore, and jailbreak. i noticed there was only 50mb left out of the 300mb on the partition side. so this shows almost 250mb is from the OS of the iphone. but this is on a different partition so isn't visible as "other" on ur iphone thru itunes
    185mb is about 20-40 songs depending on how you encode. I just find it odd that the thread would state that the 185 mb image file needed to be removed, and then not explain where it was located. My other went from about 30mb to over 200mb when i performed that jailbrake. Its never gone down. I think its pretty reasonable to assume that the file is still there.