Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iPhone 1.1.4 freezing

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Jailbroken iPhone 1.1.4 freezing
    I have had my iPhone since the first day it came out and just jailbroke it last week. It has frozen on me every time since then. I just jailbroke it for the fourth time, after restoring and reinstalling backed up data. Does anyone know how to avoid freezing it? My hunch is that it happens if you open installer while the iPhone is plugged into the computer...

please help!

What did you use to jailbreak it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I used the latest ZiPhone Jailbreak software from Zibri... does it make a difference?

Yeah...alot.

Go into Settings and choose General, then Rest, then choose Reset all Settings and then pick Erase All Content and Settings. After that go into iTunes and restore it to 1.1.4 and then use WinPwn to jailbreak.

All should be fine and freezing should stop.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wePhone For This Useful Post:

imgMOD (2008-06-01)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Dude! Thank you so much, I had no idea using a different jailbreak made a difference! If you ever find out if opening "Installer" while plugged into the computer freezes it please get back to me, and maybe post a ... I don't know, bulletin? to tell some people because freezing iPhone's are frustrating as hell!

It shouldn't freeze. You said while connecting to a computer, so that's why I said Reset Settings.