Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 1.1.2 with 04.02.13_G jailbreak not working

  1. #1
    Default 1.1.2 with 04.02.13_G jailbreak not working
    My iPhone seems to have come with 1.1.2 and modem firmware 04.02.13_G. I've tried the (downgrade to 1.1.1) dial zero, add jailbreakme to contacts, connect to wi-fi and jailbreak etc method - but the phone doesn't chirp and re-boot at the end of the process. I'm having no sucess with iDemocracy or 1.1.2 Jailbreak. Anyone have any ideas?

  2. #2
    Default Have the same problem with my iPhone
    We are in the same boat. I been scanning through all the forum to see if anyone has crack this yet. So far, no luck. I can downgrade all the way from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1. But after doing the jailbreak method via wifi, the iphone goes back to restore mode - (icon arrow pointing to iTune). The detail of my iPhone is as follows:
    - Bought it Online directly from Apple Store
    - It shipped from Shenzen, China (Apple Factory) on November 9, 2007
    - Firmware Version is 04.02.13_G
    - It came out of the box 1.1.2. After passing Step 2, the version became 1.1.1 (3A109a)
    - I don't know if this is important, but the IMEI is 01 136400 2248448 and the ICCID 8901 4103 2114 7849 4408

    I hope the iphone brainiacs can come up with solution soon. I have two iphone waiting to be free.

  3. #3
    nsolis: after you get the 1015 error in iTunes, you need to use ibrickr to force the phone to boot.. do not click on the 1015 error dialog box before running ibrickr and booting the phone

  4. #4
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    hi guys, i had a 1.1.1 phone (bought it in the states befor enov 9) and read yesterday that i could upgrade it to 1.1.2 using ibrickr and 1.1.1. software, sat in front of my pc a few hours yesterday but everytime i tried to jailbreak it, the screen wouldnt freeze and the phone wouldnt restart, so i restored it to 1.1.1. a few times but now it doesnt let me use the emergency call functionality so i cant get back into jailbreakme, nor can i restore anymore. Firmware Version is now showing as 04.02.13_G . i just want to go back to my 1.1.1 as i cant use my phone anymre, but now nothings happening, itunes doesnt let me restore anymore. Anyone else found a way around this problem???

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyhere View Post
    nsolis: after you get the 1015 error in iTunes, you need to use ibrickr to force the phone to boot.. do not click on the 1015 error dialog box before running ibrickr and booting the phone
    I don't have problem booting the iPhone after 1015 error. I use the iPHUC method to reboot the iPhone. The problem is after doing the *#307 process and doing the "Install AppSnapp" in jailbreakme.com, the iphone restart back to restore mode again (arrow pointing to iTune icon). If it was working properly it would have been jail broken and able to access home page.

    Browsing through all the forums, it seems that the new iPhone that was released after November 9, have a new baseband that is hard to crack. I am only half understanding what i am reading so I could be wrong. I was able to unlock two older iphone firmware 1.1.1 (pre-Nov 9) following REVAN method very closely: http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461

    But the new OTB of 1.1.2 that was released on Nov 9 is a ***** to follow. The guides are all over and inconsistent. There is a separate for the US and for Europe. I am hoping that one of the elite hackers can put a comprehensive guide together (like REVAN guide for 1.1.1) for the 1.1.2 new release iPhone. By the way, hats off to this elite hackers. I don't know how they do it - but their neurons are impressive for keeping up with the smug, Apple think tanks. So, i have faith that soon a clearer guide will be publish. If anyone see one, please post the link here. I have two iPhone that i need to set free.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nsolis View Post
    We are in the same boat. I been scanning through all the forum to see if anyone has crack this yet. So far, no luck. I can downgrade all the way from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1. But after doing the jailbreak method via wifi, the iphone goes back to restore mode - (icon arrow pointing to iTune).
    iPhone goes to recovery mode due to FW and BB version mismatch. You downgraded FW to 1.1.1 but BB remained at 4.02. Since jailbreak 1.1.1 was successful, add http://i.unlock.no to sources in installer, and install&run BB Downgrader 1.1.2 to go back to 4.01 BB. After that run AnySim 1.1 to unlock.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nsolis View Post
    But the new OTB of 1.1.2 that was released on Nov 9 is a ***** to follow. The guides are all over and inconsistent. There is a separate for the US and for Europe. I am hoping that one of the elite hackers can put a comprehensive guide together (like REVAN guide for 1.1.1) for the 1.1.2 new release iPhone. By the way, hats off to this elite hackers. I don't know how they do it - but their neurons are impressive for keeping up with the smug, Apple think tanks. So, i have faith that soon a clearer guide will be publish. If anyone see one, please post the link here. I have two iPhone that i need to set free.
    I second that!

  8. #8
    Default Jailbreak broke it using a different method
    Quote Originally Posted by zdr View Post
    iPhone goes to recovery mode due to FW and BB version mismatch. You downgraded FW to 1.1.1 but BB remained at 4.02. Since jailbreak 1.1.1 was successful, add http://i.unlock.no to sources in installer, and install&run BB Downgrader 1.1.2 to go back to 4.01 BB. After that run AnySim 1.1 to unlock.
    ZDR, thanks for the feedback. However, i was able to jailbreak the iPhone following Sidetalkers Tutorial process: http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....91087#poststop

    His instruction was for already activated iPhone, which i took it as "activated" via AT&T. My iPhone is not. So I improvised by running the PACAY after downgrading to 1.0.2. I can navigate the iPhone now. But i am stuck on his instruction at STATUS 10:35PM. After entering the bbupdater -v, the response is supposed to be "baseband unresponsive to pinging". However I am getting the following response:
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM 04.02.13_G
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:208
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:1
    bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:4.6_M3S2

    In which, if my logic is right the iEraser was not able to erase the baseband. I posted my dilemma at Sidetalkers new guide:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...d=1#post105654
    I am hoping someone there can help to what i should do next.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shaquk View Post
    hi guys, i had a 1.1.1 phone (bought it in the states befor enov 9) and read yesterday that i could upgrade it to 1.1.2 using ibrickr and 1.1.1. software, sat in front of my pc a few hours yesterday but everytime i tried to jailbreak it, the screen wouldnt freeze and the phone wouldnt restart, so i restored it to 1.1.1. a few times but now it doesnt let me use the emergency call functionality so i cant get back into jailbreakme, nor can i restore anymore. Firmware Version is now showing as 04.02.13_G . i just want to go back to my 1.1.1 as i cant use my phone anymre, but now nothings happening, itunes doesnt let me restore anymore. Anyone else found a way around this problem???
    What is the version of your bootloader? If it is less than version 3.6, you can follow ReVan's guide and it should work. If it is version 4.6, there is no solution to it as of today.
    ReVan's Guide link is:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461

    Hope this helps.

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA and Thailand
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts

    I have no experience with OTB 1.1.2

    But if you can downgrade to 1.1.1, I believe you can use this jailbreak method.
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html
    Download the zip file, have it handy. Read the readme file there.

    Note: This method currently requires you be on 1.1.1 of the firmware. If you are on 1.1.2
    you must downgrade prior to being able to use this jailbreak.

    Step 1: Downgrade to 1.1.1 (if required)
    *** NOTE: This guide does not guarantee it will work 100%. Also errors 1015 is expected at
    the end of the process. Continue reading to understand. ***

    1. Download the 1.1.1 ipsw firmware file from Apple. If the downloaded file has the extension
    ".zip", please remove it and modify it to end up with a filename ending in _Restore.ipsw

    2. Reboot your iPhone holding the top (power) and home buttons BUT release the top button 10
    seconds into it (right after the screen goes dark) and continue to hold the home button until
    iTunes detects the phone in recovery mode. The iPhone screen will appear to be off, but start
    iTunes if not started yet .

    3. Restore your iPhone by pressing and holding the ‘Shift’ key on windows or ‘option’ key on Mac,
    then click ‘restore’ to select the 1.1.1 firmware file you downloaded earlier. The restore should
    go through and errors at the end with error 1015. However you will notice that the iphone is in
    DFU mode with the connect to itunes screen from 1.1.1.

    4. In order to kick the phone out of that mode, start TouchFree by double-clicking "windows.bat"
    on Windows or "jailbreak.jar" in OS X, then click the "Boot from Recovery" button.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Step 2a: Jailbreak 1.1.1 on Unactivated iPhone
    *** NOTE: If your phone has been activated through iTunes, you can proceed to step 2b. ***

    1. enter *#307# press call, now use the back button on the top of your screen to remove *#307# ,
    now enter 0 , press call, press answer, press hold, press decline. And you get to the contact
    list. And thereafter every time you push the homebutton you just slide the "emergency call"
    slide, then enter 0 , press call, press hold, press decline.

    2. Push contacts, end call and you get called again, this time hit decline and you access one of
    menus with favorites, you can edit contacts, do a test ride on keyboard, take photos etc.

    3. Now edit a new contact and type in "prefs://11" as web-address and "http://jailbreakme.com" as
    an additional URL.

    4. When you tap "prefs://11" you can now select your favorite WiFi gateway.

    5. Now press the home button and move the slider to the dial-pad.

    6. Now you can go back to the contact list by Dialing 0, push call, then answer, then contacts,
    then hit the "http://jailbreakme.com" web address you typed in.

    7. Scroll down to the bottom, click "Install AppSnapp". Safari will exit and you'll return to your
    springboard. Wait for the phone to reboot. You are now jailbroken. and are able to use
    Installer.app.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Step 2b: Jailbreaking on iPod Touch or iTunes Activated iPhone

    1. Launch Safari

    2. Visit http://jailbreakme.com, Scroll down to the bottom, click "Install AppSnapp". Safari will
    exit and you'll return to your springboard. Slide to unlock, you are now jailbroken. and are
    able to use Installer.app.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Step 3: Prepare your 1.1.1 device for the Update

    1. Launch Installer.app

    2. Scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.1)

    3. Select OktoPrep

    4. Click Install

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Step 3b: Prevent SpringBoard crash on previous hacked iPod touches

    If you have installed MobileMail on your iPod touch, there is a chance an update to 1.1.2 will
    render your device inoperable until a restore. This issue can be prevented by switching Auto-Check
    off.

    - Go to General->Mail->Auto-Check. Set it to Manual.

    If you forget to do this step and update, proceed with the jailbreak in step 5 (even though
    SpringBoard is unusable) and we will fix it for you.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Step 4: Update to 1.1.2

    1. Connect your device to your computer

    2. Launch iTunes

    3. Choose your device

    4. Click Update
    - If update still shows 1.1.1 as being the newest version, you may download the 1.1.2 from an
    Apple download server and shift-click (PC) or option-click (Mac) on "Check for update" and
    select the update you downloaded.

    - DO NOT CLICK OR SHIFT-CLICK RESTORE: That will wipe the changes OktoPrep made.

    5. Wait forever for your device to update

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Step 5: Jailbreak your iPod Touch or iPhone

    WARNING: If your iPhone is unactivated, it will be factory "hactivated" for you and YouTube enabled.
    If this is not desired behavior, activate your iPhone with iTunes before proceeding.

    1. Close iTunes

    2. Connect your device to your computer

    3. On Windows, double click on windows.bat, on Mac, double click on jailbreak.jar

    4. Follow the on screen instructions.

  11. #11
    I follow these steps to the line. But whenever I reach step 2a) and I enter *#307# i get the message, that this is not possible because the SIM is still locked and a SIM Pin would be required.

    Of course i know the PIN , but how do I enter it???

    Any ideas how to work around this???

    Thanks
    Last edited by farpoint; 2007-11-29 at 01:06 PM.

  12. #12
    I am having the same problem. I have a 1.1.2 OTB and for the time being I want to just use it as an itouch until modders can unlock it. I downgraded, ibrickr booted it and got all the way to the jailbreakme.com website. I click install appsnap and it safari closes as its supposed to and goes back to the activation screen. I have read to slide the bar over and wait and also wait and then slide the bar over and it should reboot. My problem is it is not rebooting and it stays in the emergency dial mode. It doesn’t freeze there or anything it just doesn’t reboot. Now I left it for a good 20 mins and I read its installing appsnap in the background and the connection I have isn’t that poor so I don’t know what is the issue. Anyone who successfully jailbreak their 1.1.2 OTB?

    Thanks

  13. #13
    i just buy my iphone yesterday and is bootloader 4.6_M3S2
    i can only jailbreak but i cant downgrade the modem version i am stuck

  14. #14
    Yes True ! iPhone with firmware 1.1.2 and modem firwmware 04.02.13_G are screwed for the moment.

    We need a genius who can delete the bootloader and put the old one in !!!

    WHY CAN'T WE MODIFY ANY OLD BOOTLOADER TO LOOK LIKE MAYBE 4.7 BOOTLOADER. And then simply upgrade. Why can't we fool the iphone that way ???

    I am considering buying stealthsim, but I think its too expensive.

    Praying for more developers to get involved and come with solution. I have 5 iPhones with this problem

  15. #15
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by phuk View Post
    I am having the same problem. I have a 1.1.2 OTB and for the time being I want to just use it as an itouch until modders can unlock it. I downgraded, ibrickr booted it and got all the way to the jailbreakme.com website. I click install appsnap and it safari closes as its supposed to and goes back to the activation screen. I have read to slide the bar over and wait and also wait and then slide the bar over and it should reboot. My problem is it is not rebooting and it stays in the emergency dial mode. It doesn’t freeze there or anything it just doesn’t reboot. Now I left it for a good 20 mins and I read its installing appsnap in the background and the connection I have isn’t that poor so I don’t know what is the issue. Anyone who successfully jailbreak their 1.1.2 OTB?

    Thanks
    Try this
    1) delete all pages in Safari and refesh
    2) See if the WiFi sign is OK on the iPhone then turn the router off wait 1-2 mins then turn it on
    3) when u see the Wifi signal on the iPhone shows up then hit Install AppSnapp and see what happen

    This works for me after 2 days of frustration.

  16. #16
    Ok so I was trying to add some custom ringtones following this method Either my home router or something restarted when I was connected to my 1.1.2 jailbroken phone via idemocracy2.02. I was swaping out the mecca file for the new patched one that s linked above. But unfortunately when using the rename feature to make a backup of the file, idemocracy froze (or my modem restarted). Everything was stuck so I restarted my computer and phone, but the phone got stuck @ the apple logo FOREVER. I could still access my phone via idemocracy (and the windows photo wizard popped up as well), but it never fully booted to the home screen. I connected to the phone via idemocracy (using the file management feature) and tried to rename the mecca file back to its original state...I managed to rename it, the phone hiccuped...restarted...but then still stayed frozen at the apple logo.

    So I figured, darn, time to restore...so I did, to 1.1.1. Heres where it gets wierd. I jailbroke my 1.1.1 phone, using the *#307# method, then used the i.unlock.no bb downgrader (since my modem was 4.13 and my fimware was 1.1.1). I dont think I should have done that because now I cant do anything with the phone, when I try to restore it to any of the firmwares, I get either the "- An unknown error occurred (1)" or the 1015 error message. I really have a brick of a phone now...any help would be greatly appreciated. Im on windows, but have a macbook pro. Id rather do the iphone modding on the win if possible, but whatever will save me. Please help, thanks so much in advance. Im pretty embarrassed.

    I just want to get back to where I was, which was perfect. a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone with a legit at&t sim.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •