Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrading my 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 or 3 or 4

Default upgrading my 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 or 3 or 4
    how do i up grade from a 1.1.1 to a higher version of firmware?
    Which is better firmware version 1.1.1 or .2 or .3 or .4?
    is there a way i can upgrade thru Installer?
    If i upgrade will my existing data get deleted?

tahazahoor@hotmail.com
    just upgrade to 1.1.4 and use iliberty to jailbreak it and u have to use itunes to upgrade just connect ur phone itunes will detect it and then press update and it will update the phone to the newese firmware that is 1.1.4 good luck..

thanks for the info...appreciate it...
    but my iphone is not under at&t service provider.
    i'm from india,i got my phone unlocked and i am using an indian service provider.
    If i click on Update option in itunes....my phone will get locked.

i would like to know more about iliberty too....
    Last edited by vineesh7070; 2008-05-30 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

tahazahoor@hotmail.com
    umm hei bro. no problem im from pakistan hahaha . but yes i know when u will update ur phone ur phone will be locked but after the upgrade just use iliberty and tick the jailbreak ,installer,unlock,activate option and bam after about 5minz ur phone will be unlocked if u dont wanna use iliberty use ziphone but ziphone is not good it has many bugs umm so i would say use iliberty instead just google iliberty >if u dont wanna use both of them i would recomend u to use pwnage which loads custom firmwares on ur iphone if ur on windows use winpwn and if on mac use pwnage tool ,GOOD LUCK ,
    THNX button will be appreciated ,,,>>>
    umm see our guide sections for how to do the pwning good luck

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tahazahoor@hotmail.com For This Useful Post:

mrcoolbp (2008-06-01), vineesh7070 (2008-05-31)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

there are plenty of ways to get ur phone unlocked again after you update. i would suggest doing a RESTORE to 1.1.4 rather then update, cuz an update will not wipe it fully clean and u want a clean 1.1.4. then u can use iliberty+ to activate/unlock/jailbreak but make sure u choose a payload to add installer. or you can install installer from cydia afterwards. u will lose everything tho, and have to start all over on adding apps. not all prior apps will work, lots of new apps will work that u can't use now. so jus be careful
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post:

vineesh7070 (2008-05-31)

thanks guys...dat was of great help.....

thanks for the restore tip.....is that an option in itunes......????
    can u guide me on restoring
    Last edited by vineesh7070; 2008-05-31 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore to 1.1.4 and then iLiberty/iDemocracy/iPlus/PWNAGE.

It's been a while since I unlocked my iPhone. I'm still on 1.0.2 and have not upgraded but would like to. Do I have to upgrade to 1.1.1 and then 1.1.4? Or can I simply go to 1.1.4 and then unlock? TIA.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

ur on 1.0.2 tho, did u unlock with anysim? u might needa virginize ur phone before updating to any firmware before u end up with a ibrick
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Man. I'm still on 1.1.1. I really like iPWNage. But it is only for Mac OS. The Windows version doesn't have the option to unlock the baseband.

I am wondering, if i upgrade to 1.1.4, do all the goods work? Like Locate me from google maps and etc...?
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile

I did unlock with anysim. So, should I virginize and update to 1.1.4. then unlock?

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    ur on 1.0.2 tho, did u unlock with anysim? u might needa virginize ur phone before updating to any firmware before u end up with a ibrick