Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: COMPLETELY Virginizing a Sept iPhone with 1.1.4

Default COMPLETELY Virginizing a Sept iPhone with 1.1.4
    I bought my iPhone back in Sept of '07, it came with firmware 1.0.2 I believe. It's got that stupid dead strip problem in the bottom which I'm stuck with I guess (sigh). I've modded the phone a bit, using those unlocking programs and stuff. Now I guess my phone is so messed up software wise that no matter how many times I restore and stuff. I can't even use OTHER ATT sims even when using "Activation" methods from Ziphone.

I was wondering. Since I imagine my baseband and everything has been messed with. How can I COMPLETELY just virginize my phone? Restoring everything to factory defaults and just keep a simple unlock so I can swap ATT cards?

Any help GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

I have a similar situation, and I'm really interested to know how to fix this problem.

thanks,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have also a sept'07 phone (was 1.0.2 - now it's freshly pwned 1.1.4)
    I can help only if you are on 1.0.2, I can tell you I did not use Ziphone nor Iliberty, waited for Winpwn and I managed to do it right. But the very first thing I did on 1.0.2 was install "virginize" from installer (i.unlock.no source) and only after that you can restore to 1.1.4 directly. hope it helps