Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help With Virginizer_tool, putty.exe and terminal.app both crashes...

Default Help With Virginizer_tool, putty.exe and terminal.app both crashes...
    trying to upgrade to 1.1.2, following the guide at www.hacktheiphone.com since i first need to virginize my baseband. Have all the files needed, and used SSH frequently before.

when i launch putty, i enter root, then dottie for password, then it says that i am logged on. Then when i try to follow the guide, as soon as i strart typing putty closes.

same using terminal, as soon as i start typing i get disconnected, what is wrong/
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by bonefish View Post
    trying to upgrade to 1.1.2, following the guide at www.hacktheiphone.com since i first need to virginize my baseband. Have all the files needed, and used SSH frequently before.

when i launch putty, i enter root, then dottie for password, then it says that i am logged on. Then when i try to follow the guide, as soon as i strart typing putty closes.

same using terminal, as soon as i start typing i get disconnected, what is wrong/
    ????
    Are you sure you have BSDsubsystem installed, also try winSCP the password was changed to alpine when 1.1.1 came out, dottie was for 1.0.2 and earlier
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

just reinstalled BSDsubsystem, now it does not close on me. Howver, when i use the command

cd /usr/bin/virginizer_pack

it cannot find the file or directory, its clearly there, i uploaded it with winSCP and modded it 0755
    can log in using root/dottie using winSCP, all the files needed are in /usr/bin/virginizer_pack

just reinstalled BSDsubsystem and openSHH again, still does not find that directory, even though its there
    why cant putty find it?
    Last edited by bonefish; 2007-11-22 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bonefish View Post
    just reinstalled BSDsubsystem, now it does not close on me. Howver, when i use the command

cd /usr/bin/virginizer_pack

it cannot find the file or directory, its clearly there, i uploaded it with winSCP and modded it 0755
    can log in using root/dottie using winSCP, all the files needed are in /usr/bin/virginizer_pack

just reinstalled BSDsubsystem and openSHH again, still does not find that directory, even though its there
    why cant putty find it?
    Virginiser is available through installer.app just add http://i.unlock.no as a source and try that. perhaps you wnat to look at the tutorial on http://iphone.unlock.no.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked