Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Zebra stipes on screen

Default Zebra stipes on screen
    I just sent a text when suddenly my 8gb unlocked iPhone (1.0.2) hanged.

Naturally I pressed the power and home button together for some 10 seconds and the iPhone restarted but what appeared on the screen was zebra stripes. I already restarted it a number of times to no avail.

The black and white lines are there blinking all the time alternately with the apple logo.

I'd be most grateful if anyone could help me.

rsrusli

what carrier are you using? how did you jailbreak? using mac or win.?
    all these matter......you need to elaborate in order to receive the proper help....
    let me know.

Default Zebra stripes on screen
    the jail-break was done by windows.
    the iphone was perfect but the problem might have been caused by too many applications.
    the computer can't detect the iphone, either so i'm really in big trouble.
    thank you so much.

i think you can use ibrickr to restore it with itunes, mine did this too, well something similar. And the phone wasnt being recognized by the PC, so i used ibrickr.

resptored
    asked if my screen was red. and it was, it said that itunes was being stubborn but prolly worked anyway, got me to restart the phone, and it worked.
    Johnny Cage is a FAKE

Default Zebra stripes on screen
    Thanks very much, buddy, but where can i get the ibrickr program? and what do i do with it?
    I really appreciate it.

I installed the ibrickr as suggested but the problem is it can't detect my iphone.
    now the front screen (slide to unlock) blinks alternately with the apple logo all the time.

hiks .. hiks .. hiks ..
    Last edited by rsrusli; 2007-11-22 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

try to put in recovery mode.
    press the home and sleep/wake button until u see a yellow triangle and then try to restore
    (press n hold for 25-35 seconds)

thanks tomer.
    i tried your suggestion but it didn't work.
    this reminds me of my old ipod nano which wasn't detected by the computer, either.
    thus i could never update the songs at all.