Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me, oh wise computer people.

Default Please help me, oh wise computer people.
    I will be forever in their debt if someone can come up with a solution to my problem.

I recently jailbroke and unlocked an Iphone using iliberty+ and checked the options "downgrage bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9FakeBlank" and also the activate payload and fix no signal payload.

I switched out the sim card for my T-mobile sim card and was not able to recieve any service, though I can access wireless connections and everything else seems to work fine.

So upon searching around it seemed like I should use anySim and maybe that would work. I followed the directions but eventually I tried to download the BSD subsystem and i get the error message "package download failed". I am now getting this message with anything i try to install through the installer.

Any help is appreciate, thanks for reading.

p.s. I tried to revirginize so I could start fresh but when i try to download the revirginizer stuff through safari it says "safari cannot download this file" even though when I used ILiberty+ i checked the "allow downloading of 3'rd party software through the iphone" option.

So please, oh wise computer people, please help me!

I can advise you starting over again, restore it from iTunes and follow this tutorial

Hack that Phone -

it was very useful to me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to elnekis For This Useful Post:

Tarwathiel (2008-05-29)

that sounds great, the only thing is my iphone is version 1.1.1 and if i restore using Itunes it will automatically update to 1.1.4. Wouldn't that brick my phone? I thought if you jailbreak and unlock then update the phone will get messed up.

thanks for responding.

holy ****. it worked. thank you SO MUCH. you have no idea how happy you have made me lol. elnekis, i want to do something to thank you. let me know what i can do.
    Last edited by Tarwathiel; 2008-05-29 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Download the 1.1.1 restore file (assuming you dont have it), then in iTunes, hold the shift key, and hit restore. This will allow you to select the 1.1.1 file, and you'll have a clean install of 1.1.1

In closing, 1.1.1, lol.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It will take a lot to actually brick your phone. Restoring in iTunes will not brick it but will void the unlock and jailbreak. Just restore in iTunes, it will upgrade your iPhone to 1.1.4 and then use iLiberty to jailbreak and unlock.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped