Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Major issue with trying to upgrade to 1.1.2 with guides on this site

what do you mean no springboard?

I am still on Activate iPhone screen. Is this normal?

I can access directory structure through iBrickr. I am confused with you step 3

"3 - I downgraded to 1.0.2 and used jailbreakme.com method to jailbreak phone and then installed BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH and then ftp to iPhone using winSCP. "

how did you install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH? You can not use winscp before OpenSSH.

I know. You should be able to jailbreak now with the jailbreakme.com

once you have done the jailbreak install BSD System and OpenSSH from the installer app.

ok, installing BSD and other through iBrickr. But kindly confirm one thing, because I may have issue here. After these 4 steps
    --------------------------
    1- I updated to 1.1.2 to get the new baseband.
    2 - I downgraded to 1.1.1
    3 - I downgraded to 1.0.2 and used jailbreakme.com method to jailbreak phone and then installed BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH and then ftp to iPhone using winSCP.
    4 - Uploaded anysim 1.2 to applications on my iphone and changed permissions of the exe file in the folder to 775. (If you have already completed this before but still can't get your iPhone working then still downgrade to 1.0.2 before proceeding to my steps below). note - make sure anysim 1.2 folder is named anySIM.app with SIM in caps lock.
    ---------------------

You had 1.0.2 jail broken but WITHOUT springboard. Still on Activate iPhone screen with "slide for emergency"

please confirm.

I had 1.0.2 jailbroken and springboard. I could use the phone minus the phone calling and sms.

I think its ok. As we are not running anything from 1.0.2 and springboard, I am moving to your next step, restoring to 1.1.1

OK, I am on 1.1.1 now.

please confirm that you only jail broke, installed BSD, SSH BUT did not unlock using anySIM while you were at 1.1.1

--------------------
    10.29am Back to activation screen, opened jailbreakme.com website. Run appsnap again and after 3 minutes the phone rebooted. Now the phone is unlocked. Totally crazy as this has never worked for me before.

8 - 10.35am Now installing BSD Subsystem from the installer program (heard somewhere that its a good idea). so might aswell install that first.

9 - 10.40am BSD Subsystem installation complete. Now installing OktoPrep from the installer program.

10 - 10.42am Restarting phone just to make sure of things.

11 - 10.44am Phone now displaying correctly in iTunes and allowing me to setup the phone in itunes. Selected setup a new phone and clicked continue in itunes, then unticked automatically sync with contacts etc etc etc. Then clicked the DONE button.
    ------------------------------
    Last edited by aghazi; 2007-11-22 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yep. All I done at 1.1.1 was jailbreak and install Oktoprep.

Follow my steps that I completed earlier now. The progress thing

Quote Originally Posted by jbenitos View Post
    yep. All I done at 1.1.1 was jailbreak and install Oktoprep.

Follow my steps that I completed earlier now. The progress thing
    thanks. Now I have 1.1.1 and modem firmware 04.02.13_G. Gioing to use jailbreakme.com

you did not virginize your phone or playes with baseband during ANY stage of whole process...right?

Yep that is correct.

same issue with jailbreakme.com. back to activate screen but nothing happened.

It deffinately works. Keep trying different things. It may take a few minutes

Look on page 1 at the top of this thread to see what I done to get it working. It worked for me so it should work for you, I can't see why not

NO SUCCESS

using CARNAVAL. Its almost done now. got the springboard

ok, got the springboard. prob is there is no installer. Is there anyway to install installer.app through web?
    Last edited by aghazi; 2007-11-22 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can download installer app here http://www.iphone-downloads.info/dlo.../Installer.zip

Actually just download that file and upload to /Applications
    Last edited by jbenitos; 2007-11-22 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks

Just follow this simplest method of upgrading from v1.1.1 to v1.1.2 http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123