Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ill Paypal Anyone Here who can help me

Default Ill Paypal Anyone Here who can help me
    Ive tried and tried and tried for the past three days, i cant get installer to work on my phone and ive given up. if anyone here can help me out ill paypal them some money. thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Simple as 1, 2, 3

what firmware do u use?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    Simple as 1, 2, 3

what firmware do u use?

ive tried EVERYTHING. ive tried to do it via wifi, nothing. I did it via idependence, gave me old installer 2.63 and it never let me update. ive tried to do it manually but everytime i load up installer it gives me a blank screen then after 30 seconds it takes me back to main screen

Use WinSCP.

Go to settings, tap your Wi-Fi connection, and get the IP Address. That's the host name, The user name is "root" ( without parentheses) and the password is either "dottie" or "alpine".

After you get in tap the first "/" on the right hand side, so you go to the very root of your iPhone. Tap Applications, and add "installer.app". Wait for it to installs. Then fully restart your iPhone, and it should be perfect.

Hope it help.

If that doesn't work, it's probably because you have a WEP or WAP key over your internet. I don't know why, but you need to set it each time you try to go on with the iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

maybe a restore and then a quick visit to http://jailbreakme[dot]com
    [dot] = .

Quote Originally Posted by Freshboiii View Post
    Use WinSCP.

Go to settings, tap your Wi-Fi connection, and get the IP Address. That's the host name, The user name is "root" ( without parentheses) and the password is either "dottie" or "alpine".

After you get in tap the first "/" on the right hand side, so you go to the very root of your iPhone. Tap Applications, and add "installer.app". Wait for it to installs. Then fully restart your iPhone, and it should be perfect.

Hope it help.

If that doesn't work, it's probably because you have a WEP or WAP key over your internet. I don't know why, but you need to set it each time you try to go on with the iPhone.
    see i tried that but every try it tells me network error connection refused, and i have no wep key so idk what to do. im lost for answers

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw05 View Post
    maybe a restore and then a quick visit to http://jailbreakme[dot]com
    [dot] = .
    how do i do a restore, via itunes? how do i do a restore?

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    i have idemorcarcy, if you d/l it from them it give you installer 2.63 and that wont work on 1.1.1
    Last edited by samihassan; 2007-11-21 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

[QUOTE=samihassan;101828]see i tried that but every try it tells me network error connection refused, and i have no wep key so idk what to do. im lost for answers

make sure wifi and SSH are both turned on
    ssh wasnt turned on for me for like a week and thats y WINSCP didnt work

good luck!!!

[quote=apercele79;101854]
    Quote Originally Posted by samihassan View Post
    see i tried that but every try it tells me network error connection refused, and i have no wep key so idk what to do. im lost for answers

make sure wifi and SSH are both turned on
    ssh wasnt turned on for me for like a week and thats y WINSCP didnt work

good luck!!!
    what do you mean make sure SSh are turned on? that might be the problem

Download OpenSSH.app, and manually install it. Then turn it on via the app.

To be honest with you, I really need money right now.. Like...seriously. :P

i went on ibrickr and hit OpenSSH v4.6p1 but i dont think it actually d/l ****, is there a file or something i can d/l and manually put it

ya i reset my springboard manually and i dont see it on my springboard amazing

There always is. :P

If you use WinSCP, like I do, just log into the root of your iPhone, and click the"/" so you go to the VERY root. Then click the Applications folder. Then you just add the SSH.app.

I have a copy of the very app off my iPhone right now. Hope it helps. *Just found out the app is actually called SSH.app, and not OpenSSH.app*

http://www.box.net/shared/90yetjn33t

http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/howt...on-your-iphone

i used that to enable my SSH, now when i go to wincp

"Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?"

Change it to SCP.

There always is. :P

If you use WinSCP, like I do, just log into the root of your iPhone, and click the"/" so you go to the VERY root. Then click the Applications folder. Then you just add the SSH.app.

I have a copy of the very app off my iPhone right now. Hope it helps. *Just found out the app is actually called SSH.app, and not OpenSSH.app*

http://www.box.net/shared/90yetjn33t
    i cant log into wincp thats my problem,

Did you switch it to SCP, like stated before?

dk i can connect via ssh on idepedence but it wont let me connect on wincip idk man **** ive been tryin to solve this for the past three days

Did you switch it to SCP, like stated before?
    what do you mean im not sure how do you switch it sorry
    Last edited by samihassan; 2007-11-21 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Uninstall WinSCP, then get a new one. It sounds like a problem on WinSCPs side.

Thanks

!!!!!file protocol.where it says sftp change it to scp

There should be a drop down that says SFTP in it. Click the drop down and change it to SCP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast