Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade, jailbreak and upgrade in easy detailed steps

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Downgrade, jailbreak and upgrade in easy detailed steps
    *note* this guide is for iTunes-activated iPhones
    this guide is written for the PC perspective. for mac users the ibrickr doesnt work, you will need to use something like iNdependence 1.2.5

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ITUNES VERSION 7.4.2 TO DO THIS if you are not itunes 7.4.2, go to this site and download 7.4.2: http://oldapps.com/itunes.htm to install 7.4.2, just uninstall itunes and install the one you downloaded. (uninstalling itunes will not affect your songs or anything at all)

If you currently run 1.1.1 firmware you can completely skip step 1

1: Downgrading from 1.1.2 firmware to 1.1.1:
    download the firmware 1.1.1 from this link and save it to your desktop.
    link for iPod Touch users:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K909GYMS

link for iPhone users:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1355

to apply the firmware, connect your iphone/ipod to itunes. once it shows up, hold the shift key down while you click "update". don't let go of shift untill a box comes up that lets you browse for a firmware on your computer. locate where you downloaded it to and select it. your iphone/ipod will now go through the updating process and once finished, you will get an error saying the update was unsucessful for an unknown reason (error 1015), thats normal just ignore it and click ok. now look at your phone. It has a diagram asking you to connect to itunes but ignore that too. to get it out of this stuck recovery mode leave your phone connected and open iBrickr. if ibrickr doesnt find your phone you have to close all itunes related processes, do this by ctrl+alt+delete bring up the windows task manager, click the processes tab and end any processes with itunes in the name BUT dont close anything with iphone in the name or applemobiledevice.

Download link for iBrickr:
    (http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip)

iBrickr will say your iphone is in recovery mode and ask you if you want to boot it click that and your iphone screen will go red, this is normal just wait. eventually your phone will unlock and be just normal. you have just downgraded your iphone!!! If your screen goes green instead of red, then you need to restore and start the process again, something went wrong.

2: Reactivation:

To reactivate your phone, you will need to jailbreak it first. Go to settings>general>autolock>never. Then, using safari on your phone, connect to a WIFI connection and visit this website: www.jailbreakme.com. Tap "install appsnap" and it will install (be patient, the install can can a few minutes so dont touch the phone untill it restarts itself.) Your phone is now jailbroken. When you look at your springboard you will have an icon called installer, tap that and go straight to install and find the category called "tweaks 1.1.1" and tap on "OkToPrep" install it by tapping install on the top right and you will get a message saying you can now "touchfree" update to 1.1.2.

connect to itunes and click check for updates normally and let it update to 1.1.2 and when your done your phone will be 1.1.2 and activated again.

3: Jailbreaking 1.1.2:
    to complete the jailbreak on 1.1.2 download the jailbreak pack: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

download that and unzip it onto your desktop. press control+alt+delete and click the processes tab to view all processes. close all processes that have to do with itunes BUT NOT processes with iphone in the name or applemobiledevice.exe. now, open the
    jailbreak pack and open the one called called "windows.bat" and it will have a button to click that says "Jailbreak!" click that and it will do the work for you. this can take a few minutes, so be patient. at the end it will automatically restart your phone and then your done, you now have a fully jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone.

if you have any questions, feel free to Email me at [email protected] or instant message (AIM) at igottheritetemp.
    Last edited by iGotTheRiteTemp; 2007-12-08 at 07:38 PM. Reason: forgot to give contact info

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iGotTheRiteTemp For This Useful Post:

megsy_77 (2007-12-05), soulflow (2007-12-11), stadler (2007-12-05)

is anyone looking for an Easyer way like without downgrading?

Thanks

Right now there is no way to jailbreak 1.1.2 without the quick downgrade to 1.1.1

i'm sure there are people searching for a way to do it though, who knows how long it will take. this is probably the easiest, and fastest way to jailbreak 1.1.2 at the moment.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iGotTheRiteTemp For This Useful Post:

bagfoot (2007-11-22)

my OTB 1.1.2 fw version with 4.06 bootloader version downgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroken with ID2 and acitvated, except for not able to unlock phone yet! it seem working fine with version 1.1.1. now i have a expensive 8gb iphone(pod). my question is do i need to jailbreak to 1.1.2 version? and why? thank you very much!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dvd65 For This Useful Post:

attrep1983 (2007-12-06)

Thanks

can you describe exactly what problem you are experiencing?

Quote Originally Posted by iGotTheRiteTemp View Post
    Right now there is no way to jailbreak 1.1.2 without the quick downgrade to 1.1.1

i'm sure there are people searching for a way to do it though, who knows how long it will take. this is probably the easiest, and fastest way to jailbreak 1.1.2 at the moment.

hey keep me updated i can use all of the help i can get.. thanks again

When I get the error 1015 then open iBrickr, it isn't recognizing my iphone....so there is no boot anything to hit...

Thanks

if ibrickr is not recognizing your iphone and you have all the itunes related processes closed try running it with itunes open

I still don't understand how to close all iTunes processes... Help please??

Thanks

on your keyboard, press ctrl,alt and delete all that the same time to bring up the windows task manager. on the top of the list of programs you have running, there will be a few taps one that says applicatcions, another that says processes. click processes and scroll through all the processes you have running and if anything mentions itunes close it for example. iTunes.exe, ipodservice.exe, applemobiledevice.exe should all be closed. to close them, simply click the process and click end process on the bottom right corner of the window.

k thanks I will try that and let you know how it went.

Worked like a charm.
    Thank you -- 1.1.2 Jailbroken : )
    Last edited by blakehansen24; 2007-11-23 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

after I do this, will I be able to use another carrier like t-mobile?

@ gixty

no you wont be able to use another carrier this is to jailbreak the iphone not unlock it if you have an out of box iphone on 1.1.2 you cant unlock it yet if it wasnt read a couple of the forums on here simple tutorials will get you going my friend

This is not working for me, I follow the tutorial every step and no go, when restoring to FW 1.1.1 in Itunes I got a message telling me that the restore failed with a error #4, after this all I see on my Iphone is the apple logo and the update icon on the bottom of the screen. I kill the process from Itunes, Ituneshelper and all related to Itunes and fire Ibrick but Ibrick cannot detect my Iphone. What Am I doing wrong?
    Iphone OTB FW 1.1.2 not activated

Thanks So MUCH! This did the trick for me.

AWESOME WRITE UP!!!
    Stadler

so your saying if i downgrade the firmware and jailbreak it, when i upgrade it back to 1.1.2 it will be activated and everything will be the same just jailbroken?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bagfoot For This Useful Post:

Zippy228 (2010-11-08)

OK, I followed everything to the T, I get the installer and do the tweeks 1.1.1, everything seems jailbroke and everythings good but I have no phone activation, I understand that it's because it still needs to be updated to 1.1.2 for the phone part to work, BUT when I update to 1.1.2 (after oktoprep says I can) I go to itunes and click "update" NOT restore. When it updates to 1.1.2 I have the phone back but the installer icon is gone, I run the 1.1.2 jailbreak anyway, but I get a message that says it can't connect to the device, try restarting the computer and connect again, but it doesn't do anything. I've done this 4 times tonight and get the same results everytime. FWIW I got this phone on the release date. I was told by one guy that this phone couldn't be broke because I'd done all the updates, but I find it hard to believe.

Any ideas?

hi, i followed the guide, but the jailbreakme.com link does not seem to working. I'm getting the activate iphone screen, the springboard does not show.... can anyone help please

Sometimes jailbreamkme.com does not work for unknown reasons.

ibrickr will not work even with all the itunes task end

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast