Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I am an absolute n00b... no joke

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I am an absolute n00b... no joke
    I've been hearing a lot lately about hacked iphones. I have an 8gb iphone and I was wondering what hacking the iphone actually allows you to do. I have ATT and I am fine with that and don't wish to unlock or activate it (if that is even related).

I've been reading around this site and have seen that iLiberty seems to be the best program to accomplish what I am looking for (if i'm not mistaken). Does anyone know where, either on or off of this site, I can find detailed (n00b-ified) step by step instructions? and also if i follow these instructions perfectly what are the chances of having a completely useless brick that I can as of right now never revirginize or bring back to life?

I am sorry for being such a n00b but any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated!

iPhone? More like MyPhone bomiz96's Avatar
    Thanks

Well. JailBreaking you iphone Means That You will get an Application Called Installer. Installer is a Place Where you can Download an App That you want to have in your iPhone. You Can Only Download things With Edge or Wifi. In Installer You Can Add Sources Witch Gives you More applications that are downloadable. For Example. If you Want something Similar to Guitar Hero. You Go to Games and Installed Tap Tap Revolution. and press Home. And there Will be a pin wheel for a couple seconds, witch then takes you to the unlock screen. Wich when you go to your home page there will be Tap Tap Revolution (TTR) To Make it Guitar Hero, Go back to Your Installer, and add the Source repo.ipodtouched.net and It will be Refreshing. When its Finished Refreshing Their wil be a catagory called iPod Touched and Then you Can find an App Called Guitar Hero 3 Mod. After you download it your Tap Tap Revolution Will Look Like Guitar Hero. Thats Just an Example Of an Application. For my opionion iLibertyX,ZiPhone, and Any Other jailbreaking Programs are Mostly Just the same, all use very similar scripts to jailbreak. But for unlocking thats just a different story. SO you see it doesn't really matter what you JailBreeak with.

(if This Post Really Helped You, Make Sure to give a Thanks or Donate)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bomiz96 For This Useful Post:

gangstu (2008-05-27)

iLiberty is such as easy program, you don't need step by step any more. You want to Jailbreak, nothing more, easy enough.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to teufel657 For This Useful Post:

gangstu (2008-05-27)

Thanks

Jailbreaking is gaining filesystem access over the phone, and allows 3rd party applications (Applications apple didn't make) Use iLiberty+ to jailbreak (my recommendation) or use Pwnage, but stay far away from ZiPhone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

gangstu (2008-05-27)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well... I downloaded iliberty+ and had it jailbreak, fix youtube, and add cydia... first of all was that right?

and now, if i want to sync with itunes to change the songs or movies, is there any issue with syncing a jailbroken phone with itunes or is there a different way to do it or what?

and what about updates, what do i do when a new iphone update comes out? do I have to revirginize or what? also, how do you undo a jailbreak using ilibery or anyother program for that matter?

sorry bout the noobisms again...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Jailbreaking is gaining filesystem access over the phone, and allows 3rd party applications (Applications apple didn't make) Use iLiberty+ to jailbreak (my recommendation) or use Pwnage, but stay far away from ZiPhone.
    I did see your post on Ziphone and i will stay far away from that...
    Last edited by gangstu; 2008-05-27 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

to get back to normal just do a restore in itunes. syncing an iphone with itunes is fine also

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gwant For This Useful Post:

gangstu (2008-05-27)