Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLEASE HELP: Cannot upgrade from V.1.0.2 to V.1.1.1

Exclamation PLEASE HELP: Cannot upgrade from V.1.0.2 to V.1.1.1

Hello everyone...
    I need serious help with my iPhone. I have been using a V1.0.2 iPhone unlocked with Anysim for 2 months now. I have read numerous tutorials on how to upgrade to V.1.1.1 and was hoping for some help.

I first "virginised" my baseband to the original baseband successfully. Then I restored my iPhone to V.1.0.2 successfully. I then activated the iphone (Using iBrickr and lockdown file hack) and read the message that I had an incorrect sim, so all was good, confirming the virgin state baseband.

Following that I try to Restore my iPhone to V.1.1.1 using iTunes and "Shift+Restore" method and selecting iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw or the V.1.1.1 firmware. When I do this the package unpacks and the iPhone reboots with the apple logo and the moving circular bars as though it is about to Restore. 7 seconds following that the Restore stops with the following message - "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)" What is error 1 !!!?!???

Next I tried to restore with the DFU method. When running the Restore via the DFU method the iPhone gets detected as an iPod Touch!!!!! Again I tried to restore it using the "Shift+Restore" method and selecting iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw or the V.1.1.1 firmware. Then with no wait I immediately get the error "The iPod could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4)" What is error 4 and why is it seeing it as an iPod Touch!!!?!???

I tried the above methods 12 times with no luck!
    Now I have just restored back to V.1.0.2 aand the iPhone restores and works fine (After re installing and running anysim 1.0.2), but I really want V.1.1.1, and iTunes wont let me load this!

My one suspicion is that I am using an older version of iTunes (I am using iTunes Version 7.4.0.28 on an XP machine). Can people please confirm what version I should be using to restore the iPhone with V.1.1.1 and whether that's what causing the crash / errors - or suggest definite working versions of iTunes used for the V.1.1.1 restore?

PLEASE HELP ME. I have been wasting sleepless nights trying to figure this out and finally found your forums. I hope someone can help me with my issue.

Thanks in advance....
    Gaurang Patkar, Dubai

Don't click restore, it's upgrade.

SO do I got with the SHIFT+ Upgrade button? Is that what error 1 stands for?

With SHIFT+Upgrade it allows you to pick ANY firmware update you have stored on your PC. Just pick 1.1.1 and run it. If you get an error, you might want to try restoring to 1.0.2.

I will try this in 3 hours when i get home. also can you suggest a good unocking guide on this site for a unlocked v1.0.2 that wants to upgrade to an unlocked v.1.1.1? Will post up my results here shortly.
    Thanks again.

F*********CKKKKKK!

I keep getting an error.... I tried with SHIFT+RESTORE and also SHIFT+UPDATE

This is the result I keep getting = "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)"

Someone please help and explain what is Error 1!

My only suspicision is the version of iTunes I may be using may be crashing it? As mentioned before I tried V 7.3.2 and it didnt work. Now I upgraded to V 7.4.0.28. Please tell me if this could be a problem, or what other method can I use to upfrade my iPhone to V 1.1.1.

HELPPPPPP PLEAAAASSSEEEE!
    Last edited by g_patkar; 2007-11-21 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try with new version of itunes 7.5

Default had the same problem
    upgraded to 7.5, then shift and upgrade to 1.1.1 works fine, finishing upgrade.

so juz upgrade ur itunes to 7.5 and make sure u restart ur comp. after you have finished upgrading itunes.

good luck