Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help - Downgrade From 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 but it wont activate

Default Help - Downgrade From 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 but it wont activate
    ok i got a iphone and its been from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and back to 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 then upgrade to 1.1.2 by mistake. Know when i try to downgrade to either vr. 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 it drowngrade and it says activation my take some time and it just never ends so bottom line is, its back to the old firmware but i cant use the internet or phone but when i go back to 1.1.2 it works fine again......so help me someone please i really need some of those 3rd party apps......

I am having the same problem. I downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and it won't activate. Gives me the same message. Did you figure out how to do this?

Jailbrake it.

Code:
       1. Make sure you have a SIM-card with PIN turned off, and power on your phone (the supplied AT&T card works fine).
       2. On the activation screen, slide to emergency and dial: *#301# to make the phone call itself. (If the incoming call dialog quickly disappears but it keeps ringing, just dial 0 (remove *#301# first), and it will call itself)
       3. Answer the call, and tap on Hold
       4. Phone will call it self again, tap Decline. You will now be returned to the normal dialer.
       5. Tap on contacts, and tap the + icon to add a new. The only info you are going to add to this contact are two URL's. To add a URL, tap Add new URL. The first URL is prefs followed by a colon: prefs: and the second is jailbreakme.com. Tap Save.
       6. Your contact now has two "web pages" - tap on the first one (prefs:). This will take you to the settings dialog. The reason you want this, is because you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, so tap on Wi-Fi, and get connected to a network, and make sure the icon on top of the screen is indicating that you are connected. While you are in the settings dialog, you should also set: General → Auto-Lock → Never.
       7. Now, press the home button, and again, slide to emergency dial 0, Answer the call, Hold and Decline the new call so that you get to the contacts. Tap on your contact (No Name), and this time tap on the other home page, jailbreakme.com
       8. Safari will launch and show you a webpage. Read through the text, before you Install AppSnapp
       9. Phone will return to activation screen, but don't panic, just wait.
      10. Phone should automaticly restart after almost a minute. . If it does not restart withing 2 minutes, click here.
      11. When the phone starts again, it should no longer say Slide to emergency, but rather Slide to unlock It means it was successfull! Activation is now bypassed, and phone prepared for software installation! (If you are going to use an AT&T SIM, you won't need to do the next step.)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Freshboiii For This Useful Post:

chasin_dwight (2008-01-07)

Default Not working
    Everything works fine until step number 10. When it restarts, it stays in the please activate screen. What can i do?

it's not the slide for emergency screen, where the above method would work.
    My phone at least says Activating Iphone this will take some time.
    It then underneath says click to dismiss(?) It has the planet background.

1.1.2 works fine, but cannot get anysim. So you may just be better of using the 1.1.1 tweak and jailbreaking 1.1.2...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hottaco69 View Post
    Everything works fine until step number 10. When it restarts, it stays in the please activate screen. What can i do?
    At this stage the phone is downloading files from jailbreakme.com, so leave it for 10 minutes to let it finish

I'am having the same problem....I can downgrade to 1.0.2 and att automatically activates...I can upgrade to 1.1.2 and att automatically activates. However when installing 1.1.1 the phone is stuck on "activation may take some time." I don't wish to unlock the phone...I have a valid att sim which was originally activated through itunes (1.1.1) and wish to go back...thanks in advance
    Last edited by zion170; 2007-12-12 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zion170 View Post
    I'am having the same problem....I can downgrade to 1.0.2 and att automatically activates...I can upgrade to 1.1.2 and att automatically activates. However when installing 1.1.1 the phone is stuck on activation may take some time. I don't wish to unlock the phone...I have a valid att sim which was originally activated through itunes (1.1.1) and wish to go back...thanks in advance
    im having the same problem

same problem here too. its driving me crazy, some one figure this out please!

Figured it out guys why downgrade to 1.1.1 when you can get to 1.1.2 with all of the 3rd party apps…this gude should work if you fit the following scenario…

You can upgrade or downgrade to firmware 1.1.1 (valid att sims only) yet you cannot activate in 1.1.1 (however you can activate in 1.0.2 or 1.1.2) follow the instructions below. To…

Install a 1.1.2 firmware with installer which you can use to install all type of goodies via 3rd party applications...

Starting from unactivated firmware 1.1.1 (w/ legitimate att sim)

1. # Make sure you have a SIM-card with PIN turned off, and power on your phone (the supplied AT&T card works fine).
    2. # On the activation screen, slide for emergency and dial: *#301# to make the phone call itself. (If the incoming call dialog quickly disappears but it keeps ringing, just dial 0 (remove *#301# first), and it will call itself)
    3. # Answer the call, and tap on Hold
    4. # Phone will call it self again, tap Decline. You will now be returned to the normal dialer.
    5. # Tap on contacts, and tap the + icon to add a new. The only info you are going to add to this contact are two URL's. To add a URL, tap Add new URL. The first URL is prefs followed by a colon: prefs: and the second is jailbreakme.com. Tap Save.
    6. # Your contact now has two "web pages" - tap on the first one (prefs. This will take you to the settings dialog. The reason you want this, is because you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, so tap on Wi-Fi, and get connected to a network, and make sure the icon on top of the screen is indicating that you are connected While you are in the settings dialog, you should also set: General → Auto-Lock → Never.
    7. # Now, press the home button, and again, slide for emergency dial 0, Answer the call, Hold and Decline the new call so that you get to the contacts. Tap on your contact (No Name), and this time tap on the other home page, jailbreakme.com. (this part annoyed me safari would time out due to DNS issues - if you are experiencing this go to settings/wifi /(your network) and manually configured the iphone to connect through the static settings of your router)
    8. Safari will launch and show you a webpage. Read through the text, before you Install AppSnapp
    9. Phone will return to activation screen, but don't panic, just wait. Phone should automatically restart after almost a minute. . If it does not restart withing 2 minutes (this was another annoying part synch your iphone so that it doesn’t display the activate screen. Installer should show progress of installation and soft reboot automatically)

Preparing 1.1.1 for the 1.1.2 update

1. Launch Installer.app (version 3). Click on the Install section at the bottom.
    2. Scroll down to All Packages
    3. Select OktoPrep
    4. Click Install
    Screen shots here
    http://www.venturecake.com/oktoprep-...break-for-112/

Update to 1.1.2
    1. Connect your device to your computer
    2. Launch iTunes
    3. Choose your device
    4. Click Update. Do NOT click on restore. If you do, everything you have done up until this point will have to be repeated.
    5. Wait for your device to update

Jailbreaking 1.1.2

Download zip from here
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html
    1. Go back to the folder you downloaded from Conceited Software and again run the jailbreak.jar file on a Mac or the windows.bat file on a Windows system. that duration, check the “Install SSH option” thereupon press the “Jailbreak” button. that process takes several minutes — do not perform any other operations on your iPhone during that process.
    2. Your iPhone will reboot several times. When you’re done, the Installer application should now be on your screen and the iPhone should properly activate. Consult our Applications page for info on using Installer.
    3. Provided you have a stable wifi connection use installer (which should now be on your homescreen) to install 3rd party applications

More details on how to utilize installer can be found here

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/iphone-in...nts-313122.php

sources from various places on the net I’am not the originator of these steps I just put them together cohesively for users who were experiencing the same issue I was all credit due to the originators and the dev team behind all of this

Guru’s any idea why we can activate on 1.1.2 and 1.0.2 but not 1.1.1 (running baseband 04.02.13_g)?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well the problem with that is that when jailbreaking 1.1.1 fails also anySIM 1.2.u doesn't work.

In fact step 9 just doesn't work. With the right SIM in the phone it will not be activated nor jailbroken ! Also the installer doesn't get installed. One can get to the spring board and install apptabs via the jailbreakme.com page. It then gets installed successfully but the phone is still not activated nor jailbroken. This only happens with 04.02.13_g installed.

Any idea what's getting wrong here ?
    Last edited by robby3; 2007-12-14 at 09:56 PM.

The instructions above are for valid att sims (not for unlocking)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zion170 View Post
    The instructions above are for valid att sims (not for unlocking)
    Agreed. But this is the exact behaviour with a valid AT&T SIM ! There are several people who tried and failed at the very same position !

if you are a legitimate att customer who has synch your iphone with itunes previously....when you get to step 9 you should be able to restore and synch your settings this will give you access to springboard yet no activation...from there you can launch "installer" and install oktoprep...in preperation for the 1.1.2 installation including jailbreak

I think I know why. I've been doing this for awhile. Every time I downgrade my 1.1.2 to 1.0.2 the modem f/w stays the same at 4.02.13_G.

For those of you who have downgraded to 1.0.2 just go through the same process. Jailbreak the phone with ibricker. Now install the AppTappInstaller.exe (you need to find this program). Just find a way to install the installer app. Ok now assuming you have it installed add the source "i.unlock.no" and the sources will refresh. You need to find the folder "Unlocking Tools" and within it you will find "BB Downgrader (1.1.2). It's for those of you who upgraded to 1.1.2 and then downgraded to 1.0.2. This will change your baseband f/w back to 3.0.14. Always make sure that your general settings is set to "never" auto lock.

Now you can install anysim and you will be able to unlock your phone. Then upgrade to 1.1.1 if you now how to. If you want to upgrade to 1.1.2 make sure you install "oktoprep" on your 1.1.1 phone.

What I do to jailbreak/unlock my 1.1.2 phone:
    - Use iDemocracy to jailbreak your 1.1.2 phone. (I have windows and not sure about macs)
    - Now you phone should be jailbroken, and make sure you have the modmyi source in installer. It's (modmyi.com/installer.xml)
    - Install "anySIM 1.2.1u" from the "ModMyI" category in installer.

Viola! You now have an unlocked 1.1.2 phone. This has worked with me flawlessly. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up on AIM. Now that my semester is over I can tend to people over AIM. My name is hoyitsjames.