Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from 1.1.2 ... (jailbreakme fails)

Unhappy Downgrading from 1.1.2 ... (jailbreakme fails)
    I bymistake upgraded to 1.1.2 and now i regret that decision ... (alot). =]

My phone has never been jailbroken / activated / etc and i am an at & t customer.

I downgraded the firmware from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 using the restore option.

Next i used AppSnap to get it out of the "Connect to iTunes screen" so that I could use the phone. One problem though... apparently the basebands are different from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 (or so i've read).

So I cannot get service or any signal (0 bars or 'No Service'). On a restore to 1.1.2 I can get service so I know it is a 1.1.1 issue. Anywho, I decided to access wifi so that i could jailbreak it.

i visited http://jailbreakme.com and then did the .tiff exploit and the installer however did not appear (which is a bummer).

Is the tiff exploit patched when reverting to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2? Did I do something wrong?

I am using iTunes 7.5 as in this whole wonderful wide world of the web i cannot find a link to either 7.42 or an earlier acceptable one. This might be the problem?

For now I am stuck on 1.1.2

Any support would be greatly appreciated!

i have a older itune v 7.4 somethin i and i can send it 2 and if it works let me know cause im also stuck on 1.1.2 im having ur same issue i cant downgrade with the itune v 7.4 that i have cause i bymistake messed up my computer i deleted some iphone stuff and it wont read my iphone

The only way you can downgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2 is to go back to 1.0.2, virginize the baseband and reupgrade to 1.1.1

My question tho, if you are an AT&T customer with a legit iPhone data plan why do you need to worry about being on 1.1.1 vs 1.1.2?

For what it's worth, I'm on (legit) AT&T and I've got my 1.1.2 phone jailbroken. There's no way I'd go back to 1.1.1 - free ringtones and better performance made the more intricate jailbreak worth it IMO
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

@GUI99:
    eek well i certainely do NOT want that to happen. I'm sorry that happened. =[ If only apple would open their eyes and realize they're not doing us a favor by locking the iphone.

@MUR:
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    The only way you can downgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2 is to go back to 1.0.2, virginize the baseband and reupgrade to 1.1.1

My question tho, if you are an AT&T customer with a legit iPhone data plan why do you need to worry about being on 1.1.1 vs 1.1.2?

For what it's worth, I'm on (legit) AT&T and I've got my 1.1.2 phone jailbroken. There's no way I'd go back to 1.1.1 - free ringtones and better performance made the more intricate jailbreak worth it IMO
    I don't know how to jailbreak it... without downgrading. Care to tell? Also is this jailbreak just intricate or does it risk the possibility that my iphone will become an ibrick?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mxcxsx; 2007-11-20 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i am also having problems downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 firmware. Is there a way to jailbreak 1.1.2 without downgrading?

I also upgraded my iPhone from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and I am at a fix now. I followed the steps mentioned in here

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

and after upgrading to 1.1.2 my iPhone seems to have locked and I can only make emergency calls now. Can someone please tell me how I can activate the phone as the sim I am using in not At & T and is local provider in India.

I tried the *#307# method to activate, but when I press the Call button, the phone goes into wait mode and finally shows the emergency button again.

Also there is a message "Incorrect Sim. This iPhone must be used with an approved SIM".

I installed AnySim 1.2 using WinSCP and on running the application, it showed a message "Copying firmware..." and after say 10 minutes got rebooted automatically and now comes with an apple logo and a waiting icon on it which stays there. I am not even getting access to the homepage.

Now when I try restoring 1.1.1, installation exits with an error code 1604. At present, it's like a paper weight to me

Please help me resolve this.

Thanks
    Jugs

[email protected]
    neva mind
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-08-04 at 08:48 AM.