Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone Keypad and Text Msg Application Crash After Upgrade from 1.1.1 to1.2.2

Default Phone Keypad and Text Msg Application Crash After Upgrade from 1.1.1 to1.2.2
    Hey guys,
    I recently upgraded my unlocked iPhone from Firmware 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
    (It was originally a purchased 1.1.1, downgraded to 1.0.2 in order to upgrade to 1.1.1 and Jailbreak, Activate and Unlock)
    The iPhone was working perfectly and I stupidly upgrade to 1.1.2 and used jailbreak.jar to unlock the phone. This worked for the most part but Text and Phone Keypad Applications crash as soon as they are opened now, also phone will not ring when call comes in it just shows the spinning circle you see when the phone is updating such as when something is changed in Customise. Can anyone help please, am I the only one this has happened to?
    Sorry for long post but wanted to give as mush information as possible.
    Thanks

This happened to me to. Just install iWorld from Installer. Its under Tweaks 1.1.2. Run the program and choose your country. Reboot. It should work then.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sacred For This Useful Post:

bazzastrip (2007-11-20)

Quote Originally Posted by sacred View Post
    This happened to me to. Just install iWorld from Installer. Its under Tweaks 1.1.2. Run the program and choose your country. Reboot. It should work then.
    Installer App is now crashing also, may be best to start the process again and install iWorld as soon as possible before doing anything else. Should just have left well enough alone I guess

Hmm. If Installer is crashing, iWorld cant do much. iWorld is for phone app and sms app.
    Someone correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

You can delete the Installer.app and install the old one. And update via old Installer.

Hello again,
    Well I went through the entire process again and iWorld worked after using the Jailbreak.jar file so Apps are no longer crashing but I have a new problem now -
    I now have no service with my sim, I had service the first time I tried the upgrade process and could make a call from my contacts. What have I done?
    Thanks for all the help so far guys

can this iWorld work on 1.1.1 to fix keypad problem ?

I tried editing the AppSupport file for Jamaica but it didn't work. I am getting Digicel (my carrier) on the phone and can receive calls. I can also dial out but ONLY from the recents call list. CANNOT dial out from the keypad as it continuously crashes. SMS is the same issue, cannot read or write messages.
    Do I delete the original AppSupport file from the iPhone and then only load the Patched version or do I leave the original and upload the Patched one?
    Also, does anyone know how to add Jamaica to iWorld as it's not listed but even more obscure countries are?
    Thanks a lot!

Default Same here
    I have the same problem i also have a jamaican digicel sim card, as soon as i dial a # in the keypad it crashes. Can anyone help please.