Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OMG! I think i am screwed.

Default OMG! I think i am screwed.
    Holy Cow!! I used this guide to move my apps to my media section when i was on 1.1.1. But i removed it using the instructions on the bottom of the page...

http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index...edia_Partition

Now, when i go into App, it brings me to the var/root/ROOT_Applications /Applications. I cant find the Applications menu anywhere which holds the native iphone appz. I am using Revan's guide on upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and after I restored 1.1.1, I cant go into my application folder using WINscp. iBrickr however allows me to go inside Applications and view them. But i cant chmod AnySIM to 0755 using iBrickr. Please help me!

This is the console on WinSCP. I did the commands to remove it.

/$ rm /Applications
    rm: cannot remove `/Applications': Is a directory
    /$ cp -R /var/root/ROOT_Applications /Applications
    cp: cannot stat `/var/root/ROOT_Applications': No such file or directory
    /$ rm -rf /var/root/ROOT_Applications

Oh wow. The Application folder is there. I calculated the space. It was close to 10mb occupied. But when I opened it, there is nothing there coz it directs me to var/root/ROOT_Applications /Applications

So I did a small test and copied the application folder to my PC. All the applications were in there. So, I just got to remove the link to var/root/ROOT_Applications /Applications and it should work fine. Anyone knows the command for this?
    Last edited by sacred; 2007-11-20 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost