Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No ringing sound after unlocking/jailbreak

Default No ringing sound after unlocking/jailbreak
    I have just unlocked my iPhone today using the newest version of iLiberty+. I've selected everything except for downgrade bootloader since my iPhone has 3.9 BL (it is the first released version of iPhone but upgraded to 1.1.4). Everything was working except for YouTube and ringing sound (no sound when someone's calling). I have searched this whole afternoon till now for a fix for my problems but they did not work.

So I decided to restore my iPhone again thru iTunes. When I plugged my iPhone to my PC, Ziphone suddenly unlocked/jailbreak my phone even though Ziphone was not running on my PC. In case you're wondering how did that happen, I did try to run Ziphone but my iPhone wasn't connected to my PC but I exit/close the Ziphone software afterwards. So I was really surprised that Ziphone was still active even it was closed already when I connected my iPhone.

I panicked... thinking... OMG my iPhone will be bricked! After Ziphone was done, I checked my iPhone and thank God it was still working but still have the same problem. So I decided to just restore my iPhone thru iTunes. Afterwards, iTunes said that my T-Mobile sim is unrecognized or invalid so I switched it with inactive AT&T sim since it will not go to the main menu. I waited till iPhone go to the main menu and then switch the simcard again.

I was surprised that my iPhone was still unlocked and accepted my T-mobile sim even though I have restored it. Anyway, my Youtube is now working but there is still no ringing sound when someone's calling. Anyone here who can help me with the no ringing sound?

I'm still deciding whether to jailbreak my iPhone since I'm afraid that my Youtube will not work again. Please help me with ringing sound. I know the speakers are working because I can hear the sound when I play Youtube. The only problem is when someone is calling and there is no ringing sound.

Thank you!

Good news! I have finally solved my ringing sound problem. I'm so dumb. I was reading one of the post here and mentioned about the switch near the volume keys. I switch it and solved my problem. I should have read my iPhone manual and get familiarized with all the keys and their functions.

Now my next quest is whether to jailbreak again my iPhone or not. I really don't want to loose my Youtube. It is one of the reasons why I bought an iPhone. Maybe, I'll try to jailbreak it one more time and if doesn't work, I'll restore it again thru iTunes.
    Last edited by luvmyfone; 2008-05-25 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmyfone For This Useful Post:

jglover (2008-06-22)

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyfone View Post

Good news! I have finally solved my ringing sound problem. I'm so dumb. I was reading one of the post here and mentioned about the switch near the volume keys. I switch it and solved my problem. I should have read my iPhone manual and get familiarized with all the keys and their functions.

Now my next quest is whether to jailbreak again my iPhone or not. I really don't want to loose my Youtube. It is one of the reasons why I bought an iPhone. Maybe, I'll try to jailbreak it one more time and if doesn't work, I'll restore it again thru iTunes.
    Oh well, LOL things like that happens

For your youtube question, I would suggest to use the PwnageTool to build a custom firmware, which is already pre- jailbroken, activated and unlocked, then restore to it via iTunes.

Youtube is working fine with this method BTW.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Thanks for your response. I have restored my iPhone again thru iTunes. Unlock/Activate/Jailbreak thru iLiberty+ but this time I did not check/select the Youtube fix. Afterwards, I checked all functions of my iPhone and they're all working including Youtube. So my suggestion to those who will use the newest version of iLiberty+ is not to check or select the Youtube fix at first. The only thing that I don't like with iLiberty is Cydia. You see, if you don't include Cydia when you unlock/jailbreak your iPhone, you won't have any installer app. The installer app is one the programs inside Cydia. I only want the regular installer app. By the way, to those who have 3.9BL already, you don't need to check/select the Downgrade option when you unlock/jailbreak your phone.